Merchant
    Question Newbie - To give a coupon or not
    Hi Everyone,

I am new to all of this and I am quite conflicted with creating coupon codes. My site is Stylzoo. We tried giving coupon codes before but it was proving to be annoying because a lot of our customers got confused. It did not help too that some affiliates never took down the coupon codes after expiring. I was thinking of just offering a straight out price that sometimes we would put a further reduction in a given time period. What do you guys think?

Thank you!

Kevin

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Kevin,

Think you answered your own question based on past experience.

If you still have a coupon code box on your site, and do NOT offer coupons, it's best to remove it...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

3. Thanks From:

Merchant
    Hi Convergence,

Thank you very much! I am using a template with Shopify and I wonder if I can do that. But I was thinking of keeping the coupon box just for customers that had a bad experience and we want to remedy it by giving them an exclusive one time use discount. What do you think? Thank you again!

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin@stylzoo.com View Post
    Hi Convergence,
    But I was thinking of keeping the coupon box just for customers that had a bad experience and we want to remedy it by giving them an exclusive one time use discount. What do you think? Thank you again!
    That's a very bad idea.

Because you will send the customers who are ready to check out away to search for non-exist "coupons" when they see that coupon box. That will only benefit those bogus coupon sites who list non-exist and expired coupons or use "click to reveal coupons" tactics simply to sneak in their last clicks to steal commission from other affiliates who refer the customer to your site or from your own marketing channels.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Kevin, you can use a source referrer that opens and adds the coupon code to the cart. Otherwise the coupon code box would be suppressed and consumers wouldn't be looking for a coupon code. Contact me if you want to see examples.

7. Thanks From:

Merchant
    Hi Chuck,

Thank you very much! We are thinking about using coupons on special occasions. We will try for this season and plan accordingly after. Thank you very much!

Kevin

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Free Shipping is the most sought after deal, start with that. Look at your gross margin and figure out you average order value. Then set a discount to encourage shoppers to purchase above a certain amount to qualify for a discount.

10. Thanks From:

Merchant
    Hi Chuck,

We will definitely do that! Great advice! Thank you very much for being so supportive!

Kevin

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread