Talking Advertising Mediums
    Hi!

I'm brand spanking new here and really curious to find out how the forums are going to be.

But to a key note that's been bugging me. Would, or does, anyone here believe in using other mediums such as business cards, community boards, etc..?

Would this be worth the effort or an exhaustion routine of failure? lol

This should be pretty cool to hear from you guys.

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Is your goal to drive traffic to your site, so you're considering offline media as well?
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

I've seen a trend of Television advertising being bought up by online businesses. Not sure what they do in regards of tracking, but if somebody can bridge the gap between offline marketing and online tracking effectively, i would be interested in finding out more!!

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    My merchant spends 7 figures on TV advertising for National Geographics Doomsday Preppers series. They drive some to 800 numbers and call centers but affiliates make out like a bandit from all the web search traffic. Average order value is $500 so there is a ton of traffic the day of the show but the real sales comes a day or two later. One affiliate authorized for PPC realized that she could hold her bids at the lowest price and when the merchant burned up his daily ad spend she got it for a great ROI. That was after losing $6k in a day last year during peak season.

To answer your question, no you can not explicitly track all sales from TV unless you add up all channels.

In India, all of the top e-commerce brands use the TV medium extensively. And I think some of them could successfully create the brand too. But may failed over time, and this number probably several times more than the successful ones.

Thanks

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    How strong is eCommerce in India? Have worked with agencies that did a lot of infomercials but didn't monetize the eCommerce. Once they optimize it they made a lot more money as they provided more information for consumers researching the brand. Plus like me I prefer to order online as I have a digital trail.

Until 2011 it was not. Till then no e-com company was heard to make profit. But nowadays flipkart and few more are in profit. But it is still limited to metro cities and big cities/towns. But all they are put ads mainly on TV.

All banks, insurance companies, invest companies, telephone companies have automated their operation and bill/subscription payments automated.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread