Thumbs down Shiekh Shoes UnManaged
    I met the affiliate manager at ShareASale ThinkTank a few weeks ago. Great Guy. They laid him off when he got back to work. This week, they lowered commissions and shortened cookie length. All while using his signature.

That stinks.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

Poor guy That's definitely wrong. Would be willing to bet some of his affiliates at least if not all since signature is still on emails will assume he's done something he hasn't and that may stick in their minds in the future and possibly impact decision to work with him on other programs or not. Definitely not right but having one of them days when doing the right thing doesn't matter in a lotta cases lol Wish the best to this fella in finding another job soon

By the way, they have 94% reversal rate right now.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    They also just realized they have a program on CJ, too - Terms changed their as well...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Quote Originally Posted by akagorilla View Post
    I'm surprised it isn't 100%. I highly suspect this program is going to disappear in the next couple of months.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    That's because 6% of the sales shipped before they could reverse them!

And now we find out they are closing down the Shareasale program in favor of CJ. What a bunch of idiots.
    Greg Hoffman

Hey folks,

I'm the guy who was laid off from Shiekh Shoes and I'm still shaking off the shock as I had been there over 3 years. Growing the program and growing the brand, only to go in on a Monday to be told my position is being eliminated is something that not everybody swallows easily.

In any event, the reversals is just beyond me, I see in SaS that it's over 100% and I can't imagine it's any different over at CJ (or will be). While my time there, reversals were minimal and accurate; what's happening now just seems like very shady business. Affiliates are very smart, and should be pretty quick to make their own assessment of this program.

I don't want to talk too poorly about what happened; however, I hope that the relationships I've built with many affiliates isn't tainted with the recent developments that have happened at Shiekh Shoes.

Oh yeah, and I'm looking for a job...so if anybody knows of anything...let me know!

You don't have to talk bad about them. That's what we are here for!
    Greg Hoffman

10. Thanks From:

I just notice at CJ they are ending my relationship with them on 27-Nov-2013 not sure if they are closing their program or not on CJ
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Same here - no notice. Was checking end of day stats and noticed it.

Either way - they can f*ck off - tired of this sh!t. Merchants jacking with affiliates right before the holidays.

Well, I will leave them up until after the first of the year - will just use their traffic for other merchants.

Leah - Kiss my lily white @ss...

13. Thanks From:

It's hilarious watching this. I wonder if they're removing any and all "inactive" affiliates. Either way, it's completely shady and unethical.
    I'm sure when top tier affiliates (for that program) catch wind of what's happening, they'll drop Shiekh Shoes like a sack of dog shite.

Sounds like a winner of a client I was dealing with a few years ago. They decided they only wanted to work with the top 15 affiliates. Because they delivered most of the sales. So they wanted me to end a thousand other relationships. I told them what they could do with their idea.
    Greg Hoffman

I'm actually unsure of why the agreement was set to expire. It may have been
    a parameter set by the previous affiliate manager, or perhaps something was
    messed up when we changed the commission. At any rate, I have sent you a new
    offer.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I look forward to working with
    you.
    My reply:

We have decided your terms are no longer acceptable to us. No need to bother pushing us a new offer on CJ.

17. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by CluckCluck View Post
    ...I wonder if they're removing any and all "inactive" affiliates...
    We were not an inactive affiliate - on SAS or CJ...

I like how Leah tried to blame that on me. Nice. I can assure you and all other affiliates, I did not expire any affiliates from the program when I left.

20. Thanks From:

I just noticed that I am no longer being removed from their program, I guessing they have no idea what they are doing.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

22. Thanks From:

That is evident - OJT...

Cluck Cluck, sounds horrible.

Have you found something to date or are you still looking?

Quote Originally Posted by mediahub View Post
    Cluck Cluck, sounds horrible.

Have you found something to date or are you still looking?
    I'm still searching but have had a couple of good leads. Hopefully something g will pan out by years end.

26. Thanks From:

Cluck Cluck I have a friend in the footwear manufacturing business looking for Affiliate help. They compete with Bruno Magli and Allen Edmond. Let me know if your interested.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmikepie View Post
    Cluck Cluck I have a friend in the footwear manufacturing business looking for Affiliate help. They compete with Bruno Magli and Allen Edmond. Let me know if your interested.
    Sounds great, would be interested in learning more about the opportunity. How do I get in touch with you?

send me a email to mrmikepie at yahoo.com and I'll forward his info to you.

30. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread