CJ.com vetting affiliates when they sign up, weak or am I missing something?
    Cj.com, I love the way you can submit “report this publisher” … when approving new affiliates, but what is the point of having this great option if the CJ rep at the other end ignores what you are saying and decides to let them remain within the network. Is it really all about how many affiliates they have in their network? Where did the quality control go?

Examples
    publisher signs up and is promoting get rich quick schemes, I click the CJ link, report the publisher and I get back “…… This publisher does not appear to have broken any terms and conditions”

Publisher signs up and is promoting his/her own web design company, I click the CJ button, say this publisher is promoting web design services, should become an advertiser? I get back “….. This publisher is not breaking any terms and conditions”.

Publisher signs up, I check the site out, at least forty windows open, pop ups and under, exits and hey I got a new screen saver that I did not download, I report this to cj.com and guess what? Well You’re an intelligent bunch.

So what’s the point? Yes I can decline the publisher but surely by getting rid of the publishers who clearly had/has no intention of promoting our clients or promoting our clients using numerous pop ups and illegal downloads and or just wants eyeballs on their own business site would mean that our time is not wasted. CJ.com, you have a great Idea, now you need to show us that it works

Quote Originally Posted by JLH View Post
    and hey I got a new screen saver that I did not download
    I just spit coffee on my laptop

But seriously it's CJ
    Michael Abramsky :usaflag:
    Affiliate Manager for [URL="http://www.creditfirm.net"]CreditFirm.Net[/URL]
    Email: [email]Affiliate@CreditFirm.net[/email] | Phone: 800-750-1416 x 901 | [URL="http://www.creditfirm.net/affiliates"]Affiliate Program Info[/URL]

3. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I do this all the time especially when only one site is listed and it goes to a suspended hosting account. Generally I get a comment back that they have contacted the publisher and removed from the network.
    I have to disagree with you on the first two. I would not accept the affiliate if their only site was a get rich quick but if there is nothing malicious they are not doing anything wrong.
    There are many agencies like web designers who are looking to monetize site. When I was with an SEO agency I managed 350 sites on a VPS that we designed for clients to drive traffic. When the client left our service I used affiliate links to monetize the traffic. I accept web designers who show quality sites as they may build one for my merchant.

I would not accept the affiliate if their only site was a get rich quick but if there is nothing malicious they are not doing anything wrong
    no not malicious at all, I agree and sure they can hang about in the CJ network and add to the overall number but when they start applying to join programs and have no intention of promoting our clients or anyone else's then it seems pointless having them in CJ.com. I do contact affs before I decline them, if they don't respond then I am going to decline them.
    I hear you re web design firms.... but as I say, when I contact them, the response is "we do web development would you like a quote" You are right you cant tar everyone with the same brush but in the same breath, if a web design firm replies, do you want us to redesign your website, I think they don't wont to promote our clients.
    I just spit coffee on my laptop
    - One day technology will be such that your lap top will spit out the coffee for you

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I have a business partner on some accounts and he has always been of the mind that you have to heavily screen every application. He goes so far as to require them to fillout a form defining everything. Cuts way down on those who get accepted but also pisses off those who apply now with intent to activate later.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread