How do you recruit affiliate on Avantlink ?
    Affiliate managers,
    How do you recruit affiliates on Avantlink Network ? Are there any effective ways ?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Yes, I run four AvantLink programs and they have the most comprehensive affiliate information available. They also have searchable categories where you can send a network email to prospective affiliates. Highly effective.

Affiliate Network Rep Chad-AvantLink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ishank View Post
    Affiliate managers,
    How do you recruit affiliates on Avantlink Network ? Are there any effective ways ?
    Hi ishank,

Here are a couple resources on the AvantLink affiliate recruitment tool, but also some best practices and strategies:

How To Recruit Affiliates (Video)

How To Recruit Affiliates With Incentives (Blog Post)

Hopefully those help give you some direction.

- Chad

Chad,

I've to choose between SAS and Avantlink for a friend. I applied to Avantlink as an affiliate - I wanted to see affiliate dashboard and the competition. But your team has declined my application. I believe it was probably because of my Google Adsense optimized website.

I have another website www(dot)theanxietytips.com which is monetized by using affiliate links from CJ and SAS. Can I submit affiliate application again ?

I run significant Google AdSense and have never had Avantlink refuse me anything because of it. I have also spent years advising in the AdSense help forums and have never seen a complaint there about AdSense interfering in any non-Google affiliate program. For that matter, once a merchant sees a good AdSense display on a site that stays well within the ditches of the AdSense program, that site is a near-shoo-in to the merchant's affiliate program: no one polices their ad programs as diligently as Google. I would suggest your problem, ishank, lies somewhere else. And personally, I'd go with Avantlink well before looking at anything in the SAS or CJ lists.

A quick update- they decline my new application. My niche website www(dot)theanxietytips.com does not meet their acceptance criteria.

@ Armchair

Sorry I need to make correction. Actually the first website I submitted there was a technology blog which I monetize using Adsense. In tech blog I write very general topics covering everything from software, how to guides to gadgets. I used this website to setup an account with SAS and CJ. But Avantlink declined my application. I thought that the rejection might be because of the fact that my website is general not a niche website (* niche websites cater highly targeted traffic and perform well for affiliate campaigns).

I again apply there with one of my niche website www(dot)theanxietytips.com and they've declined my new application again.

AdSense has been cutting back on the acceptance of technology blogs for a long time now, mostly because there are so many out there and so few that offer anything new or unique. That situation with Adsense is constantly being expanded across other "niches" because of similar situations. There is also strong speculation that Adsense is cutting out older sites in those "niches" as they strive to "improve" the "quality" of their publisher pool and of the general web: cut the cashflow and how many try to stay in business? I would suspect that many merchants are of similar mind. One also has to consider the drain on their server resources (Google's, merchants and affiliate networks). Throw in the Google stranglehold on organic search and the long-proven fact fact that 20% outperform 80% day-in-and-day-out... I would suggest striving to be among that 20% but the only way to get there these days is to get outside the Google-controlled box and that's not easy either.

I am an Adsense publisher since 2007. It may be possible that Google is now raising an eyebrow at new tech blogs. Though I am not aware of that. But, its good to see that now Google Adsense has a strict criteria for choosing new publishers.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread