PopShops - WOW!
    The front end was down for most of yesterday. But it's back up this morning - WITH MAJOR CHANGES. They seem to have added functionality like Skimlinks (and possibly Prosperent) with access to all merchants by anyone. That takes a separate signup to investigate - so I'll do that later (after coffee).

There are also new TOS, which must be agreed to within 14 days. If you use PoShops you've just got to take a look.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

This could be the end.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

Quote Originally Posted by akagorilla View Post
    This could be the end.
    ???

The TOS seem to reinforce the need for properly built websites; i.e., sites are to have a privacy policy and have an FTC "disclaimer" (where appropriate).

Edited: moved more observations to my blog.
    Last edited by Bill; November 20th, 2013 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Moved observations to my blog at 12PM.com
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..

4. Thanks From:

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Uhm, lots of typos on there, makes it a little harder to read!
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Quote Originally Posted by JCrooks - AffiliateWindow View Post
    Uhm, lots of typos on there, makes it a little harder to read!
    Oops, sorry, lemme go back and proofread again. (need more coffee )

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Not you, Bill, the document on PopShops!
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

8. Thanks From:

I asked them but not heard back yet so thought would get your opinions. (just to be clear, was only this afternoon I asked them so hasn't been that long a period of time to expect an answer from them yet)

Had been experimenting with them using the Free plan or Basic plan (not sure what it was called) Couldn't find anything at all about that plan now tho on their site. Any of you know if it still exists? Umm not exactly nice timing if it doesn't but guess since was free can't really complain. lol

Hiya, PB. It looks like they still have a free plan. I had to log into our account and look at "Change Plans" to see it. So you may have to create an account and then try to sign up - and see if there is a selection for free plan. I am seeing Free, Pro Unlimited, Enterprise (which we use) and Data Pack. Price poinst are Free/$15/$30/$60 per month. It also appears the you can test any plan with a 30-day free trial.

We use it and we also use GoldenCAN - and have had success with both. We are just getting our feet wet with SellFire. In addition, we also like ShareASale's Make-A-Page for building sites where we don't expect the product selection to change very often (such as our business checks program - where checks are printed on demands and don't go "out of stock").

Hiya Bill thanks for replying. Want to make clear to anyone who reads this that PopShops did get back to me promptly (just hadn't had time to post here til now) and I will still have the free account It is referred to as the Basic plan.

I couldn't find anything while I was there and knowing me lol if I had clicked to "Change Plan" it woulda done so to me. so wasn't gonna do that. If had the spare money to do so would upgrade to one of those plans since they definitely do have benefits to them but am glad they still have the Basic plan for me

Yeap, I've used GoldenCan for quite a few years for some of the merchants as well but haven't really had too much success with it. (at this point not having much success with anything tho ) so am sure that's due to me and not GoldenCan so am not being critical of them)

My paws have gotten a lil wet with Sellfire as well. (umm same results as the others)

Yeap, have used SAS's Make a page for years, too. Definitely would suit your needs with product selection not changing very well.

Thanks again Bill for letting me know what you saw

You're welcome, PB. we loved working with you in the past. Ate you going to sign up for our re-launch of Business Checks? Let us know in the SAS comments field and we'll bump your commission up a bit.

Awwh, thank you for the nice words Bill Enjoyed working with you as well. Don't think I can do so til after the holidays but will be happy to sign up for your program Thank you for the invitation to do so

Popshops doesn't reply to any questions. I've sent them a lot of requests about a datafeed addition, no success.
    [URL=http://messenger.softros.com]LAN messenger, IM chat[/URL] development | [URL=http://nts.softros.com]Sync network time[/URL] |

The best way to get PopShops to pay attention to your datafeed request:

1. Send email to: advertisers at popshops, not support or merchants

2. In the subject line, put "please add datafeed" + the name of the merchant (make sure it's the same as it's displayed in the network) + the network (SAS, CJ, LS, etc).

3. Repeat the subject info in the message. Let them know that you contacted or plan to contact the AM...this also makes it easier. PopShops generally will not notify you if they've been rejected as an affiliate. Many merchants have no idea what PopShops is about so...

4. Email the program AM and point them towards popshops. com/support/affiliate-merchant-datafeed-advertiser-services. Let them know that this won't cost them anything nor does it interfere in any way with the merchant / affiliate relationship. PopShops needs to be an affiliate only to access the merchant's datafeed and doesn't use it to promote the merchant.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

16. Thanks From:

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread