Tip: Doubled Social Shares on a Post
    I wrote a blog post recently and a similar guest post and it seemed popular enough, so just wanted to share a quick tip for anyone that is using blogging or content marketing to promote product. A lot of top bloggers aren't doing this yet.

Basically, I noticed that one post on my site got a bunch of social shares from Pinterest (over 50 to date) because I added a header image at the top, which is basically an image containing the title of the article. So even though the post is mostly informational content, it still got shared a lot on Pinterest.

I think for Pinterest users, it's an easy way to bookmark stuff and I've noticed other content posts, even with ugly or unrelated images getting adding on Pinterest too.

And if you don't have graphic design skills, check out Pinstamatic or PicMonkey. You can create a nice image in just a few minutes.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    It makes sense for Pinterest since it requires an image. Questions is did you see any increase in traffic from this?

Just a little so far... but this was pretty recent. What was interesting was that the pin total continued to grow after the initial post, so it will be interesting to see how it pans out over time. Back when I initially promoted the post, the Pin count was at 18, but when I checked it recently, it had grown to 52. I know that some sites that have used Pinterest more actively get more traffic from Pinterest than Google, so it will be interesting to see if it works in this niche.

4. Thanks From:

It's been a while since you posted this and I'm wondering how this panned out for you.
    I use pinterest a lot for business and I've noticed that my most successful pins are the ones that have been around the longest. May I ask what your niche is?

I just tried this on Small Business Idea Blog, but also started experimenting on this with e-commerce, although using a different simpler approach for e-commerce by just pinning stuff for now. I've noticed that pins that have been around longer can do well, but also pinners with a lot of followers do well also.

For sure! I completely revived a pinterest account just by repinning stuff from pinners with a lot of followers. Just doing that more than tripled how many followers we had in about a week. Now regardless of whether it's a repin from someone or I pin our original content, it gets pinned and shared like crazy

8. Thanks From:

That's awesome! I've been finding that if I continue to pin consistently that followers seem to grow naturally.

I have also tried this and yes, when you keep on pinning your followers just grow right away!

Hi,
    Your tip is pretty much helpful to me. I agree with you that Pinterest is easy book mark stuff and yes if your information is good and contains images relevant to it, it will increase traffic on your blog.

Outsourced Program Manager Rick - Bitcom's Avatar
    I haven't seen much quality traffic from Pinterest. High bounce rates and low pages-per-visit. Anyone else seeing this?

Yes, this is really awesome! I have used it. Please let me know can I use this formula for other platforms as Pinterest. Thanks for sharing this great content with us.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread