Outdoor Billboards and Affiliate Marketing? Help!
    I will try to keep this simple. All suggestions and ideas are appreciated. Ten years ago I owned a web hosting company and was a advertiser within the CJ affiliate network. Later I was a affiliate myself who directed leads to other web hosting companies which was a very profitable venture as well.

I am now within the trucking business moving freight throughout the US. I have been thinking how I could use the 53' trailers and turn them into billboards. I have thought about selling the ad space but I don't have access to quality advertisers who would benefit from this and would be willing to pay to have the trailers wrapped etc.

I have considered opening a hosting company all over again but I simply do not have the time to manage two businesses plus technology has evolved so much I would be lost.

I have been thinking about Affiliate marketing for sometime now but I am not sure what would be the best option or approach since I am dealing with outdoor media.

I have thought about insurance quotes, car loans etc but haven't come across any real good information. I can invest a pretty penny to wrap up multiple trailers to a dozen trailers which is going to cost me upward of 50K to do and reach upward of 10 million people every month.

Would love to hear from other affiliates or Affiliate managers what kind of affiliate program would work best or type of industry I can drive the leads too that would pay well enough to make the investment worth my while.

Thanks

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    You would need to work with the merchant and advertise a special discount code that would get you a commission for all sales made with it. The advertising would have to be such that the merchant brand name would be easy to google and the discount would be applied at the cart.

Or advertise an easy to remember domain name that would redirect to an affiliate link or CPA offer.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsFan View Post
    Or advertise an easy to remember domain name that would redirect to an affiliate link or CPA offer.
    Another option would be to advertise that domain name and build a great (unique niche) website on it.

About a dozen years ago I featured a local real estate agent on our first community site and he had our domain on a prime billboard location in the community. It worked well for both of us. That site still serves us well, selling things from hotel reservations to wine club memberships and it even earns AdSense revenue.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

5. Thanks From:

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justwandr View Post
    I am now within the trucking business moving freight throughout the US. I have been thinking how I could use the 53' trailers and turn them into billboards. I have thought about selling the ad space but I don't have access to quality advertisers who would benefit from this and would be willing to pay to have the trailers wrapped etc.
    Am all for diversifying one's marketing. However, wrapping trailers seems risky.

Last thing I would want as a merchant is to see my brand dangling off an overpass on the 6 o'clock news...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Outsourced Program Manager John Jupp's Avatar
    Contact Trailer Ads USA and they'll set up all your trailers for you and pay you for the advertising space.
    Flambi Media Limited - USA/UK/EU Affiliate Management Expertise

Outsourced Program Manager John Jupp's Avatar
    Trailer advertising Lincolnshire style!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Flambi Media Limited - USA/UK/EU Affiliate Management Expertise

9. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by justwandr View Post
    Set up a domain and redirect it to the affiliate program, some registrar let you mask the URL so the affiliate site still shows your URL when the affiliate site loads. Also negotiating a discount code for sale calls could work, considering most people will see your ads while driving a great offer with a discount code should convert better than a website.

Can you send me a PM with the rates you plan to charge for the ads on the truck, please include an approximate printing cost.

We offer unique urls for our publishers that actually clean people's pools. A good example is psw.cm/justwandr, it would lead through all the affiliate trackers, and land the customer on a homepage with a coupon. Something easy that a pool professional can put on a business card, or write down off hand -- or on a giant truck traveling down a freeway. There are far more creative and clever people out there than me and my coworkers, we can't be the only ones offering something like this.

Also, a giant QR code on the side of a truck would attract attention and "clicks". I think this idea has potential! No wonder Trailer Ads USA can make a business around it.

I would suggest sell through affiliate network like CJ / Share a Sale and also setup an in-house affiliate platform. In CJ you will get affiliates easily but you have no full control. You can invite special affiliates to your in-house affiliate programs and make unique deal with them for greater motivation. Getting affiliates in the in-house affiliate program may not be quick, so I suggest to have both.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread