Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Yeah! Its Started!
    Wishing everyone good luck on this exciting and nerve racking time of year. May your servers stay up and your commissions go through the roof!

It looks like this may be a strong holiday season. Shoppers definitely got going early yesterday and were buying with a vengeance. Hopefully the trend will stick through to the 25th!

I gave up going after Holiday Sales years ago, Also I stopped promoting Short Term offers & Coupons all year long and I never regretted it one bit. My income in Nov/Dec has not been effect by this decision at all. Not worth the effort or stress from my experience.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

3. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Heard a report that because Thanksgiving was so late this year that many brick and mortar stores were running sales early. Started seeing pre-Black Friday deal requests in September and Black Friday links on affiliates sites in October. Regardless we are still in a recession and consumers are looking for value. Hope to see a strong Q4 and will report some numbers next week for year over year November.

Went to Wal-mart last night at 10:00 as wife saw a pingpong table on sale in the local paper. We are a town of 10k with one Wal-mart and there were four cop cars out front. After we parked I noticed two cops going to their cars with purchases! Store was busy but not ridiculous, we got in and out in 20 minutes. That included help loading the table in the SUV.

Double elimination pingpong tournament at Hamrick's house next week!

I have a couple of merchants in my niche who have decent BF/CM specials. That usually provides me with a little traffic and commission boost. I pop out a couple of extra newsletters and spam it up on FB.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Double elimination pingpong tournament at Hamrick's house next week!
    You got this all wrong, I am terrible at pingpong but great at beerpong!

Outsourced Program Manager John Jupp's Avatar
    I am dancing on clouds at the moment with the biggest sales ever recorded for jewelry. Clothing's not been so good but giftware (obviously) and jewelry have been immense.

Over my side of the pond, a lot of people have been buying early so I expect to see even greater last minute discounts just prior to last delivery dates for Christmas.
    Flambi Media Limited - USA/UK/EU Affiliate Management Expertise

Damn, damn, damn and damn again! I made a big mistake. I told my wife how well sales have been. Now she's said she wants a top of the range camera and a huge HD LED Smart TV out of my bonus. I've just bought her a load of shoes and clothes. Now she wants more!

You'll learn about women some day.....

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Quote Originally Posted by John Jupp View Post
    Damn, damn, damn and damn again! I made a big mistake. I told my wife how well sales have been. Now she's said she wants a top of the range camera and a huge HD LED Smart TV out of my bonus. I've just bought her a load of shoes and clothes. Now she wants more!
    I feel for you, same thing happens to me. I get excited about increases in revenue and talk to my wife. Miraculously, our monthly expenses seem to keep in lock step with revenue increases. I know I'm more frugal than the average person, so if I want to look on the bright side, I can say that she balances me :-)

You know what they say...Happy wife = happy life!

12. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by mollsdolls View Post
    You know what they say...Happy wife = happy life!
    = Impoverished Husband. She has now added Champagne to the list of must have things.

Well, it IS the season to be jolly

My good lady Wife even has the date of my bonus in her diary, as all the clients have got back with payment dates. Very pleased there's been no quibbles client side regarding performance bonuses. They all appear extremely happy. One even extended my contract to the middle of 2015 last month without even being asked!

Only downside today has been a 8 minute meal break as it's been manic.

Meal break, what's a meal break? Is that where you eat with one hand as you frantically type with the other in front of the computer?

That's about it.

I love this youtube video of Black Friday in the States. Note the door ripped off the store and the cops sent flying! Not quite as bad in the UK but getting there. So glad I either shop online or visit quiet traditional stores where service is everything. I'm a shopping snob.

Black Friday Shopping Chaos [Super Cut Compilation] - YouTube

The older I get, the more I do online. If I could go to the online pub, my life would be complete

I am (hopefully but extended family squabbling over all the properties) about to get my hands on a very fine 17th century house which has a wood finished bar room (Grandfather built the bar) so I will have my own drinking hole as it's laid out like a traditional snug.

I have never seen traffic numbers like this. 30 high end servers with load numbers in the 70's lol. If these numbers translate into sales, affiliates are going to have a very good Monday

Prosperant, November saw sales up 90% year on year for me. December 1st was 25% up year on year and it's pure bedlam. The hardest issue is stock. Get too much and run the risk of there being too much, get too little and disappoint customers who may not return.

Fortunately I've been able this year to draw on comparison data and give the buyers teams all the information I could and it looks like we judged it right.

22. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Prosperent View Post
    I have never seen traffic numbers like this. 30 high end servers with load numbers in the 70's lol. If these numbers translate into sales, affiliates are going to have a very good Monday
    I'm seeing record sales, but the trending is different this year. Actually, things seem to change every year... (Remember when Cyber Monday wasn't the biggest online shopping day???)

So, Thanksgiving sales cannibalized black Friday sales, which is a small bummer to me because it messed up my profit graph. I wanted to see a spike that went off the page, but instead I got two big spikes of lesser size. I know, I obsess over the graphs... I use them as motivation for each year's growth.

I'm also noticing what appears to be near record traffic right now. It seems to have grown a bit over the last hour or so (2 PM CST now). I'm watching sales trickle in via the pixel tracking merchants and haven't seen anything earth shattering yet. The largest profits have been jumping between networks the past few days based on pricing and specials. ShareASale is doing well today, CJ not so much. I know today will be a record profit day. The question is, how much? I've been revising my projections downward over the last couple of days because the trending hasn't been as strong as it was 11/24 - 11/28.

I've decided that in a couple of days I'll lowball offers for a week just to make everyone feel they've missed the boat then hit them with a decent offer to last delivery with a minimum spend to boost AOV. Then after last delivery shock them all by going full price until a double whammy of back to back sales. That then takes me to the Valentines Day promotions (month long). Almost everything is in place and apart from answering correspondence or dealing with tracking issues, I could time all my newsletters for specific periods and go on vacation for a month and nobody'd notice. Damn I love working outsourced. Laptop, cocktail, warm sandy beach, plenty of sunshine. Sounds tempting.

25. Thanks From:

Well my Cyber Monday figures are in (it's only 7.41 am here boy am I keen) and *drumroll please*........... my company reports a 96% surge in sales for Cyber Monday compared to a usual December 2nd. So the artificial hype and a modestly improved offer to what would be available does the business.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    I'm surprised at our numbers. Best Cyber Monday we've had, that I can remember. We did 20% of our November sales volume in one day. All coming after business hours...

Will take it!
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

That's impressive numbers Convergence and beats me by miles, but I did have a rocking November so it's hard to better the totals. If I can only sustain everything this month, I'll be gearing towards a 200% increase year on year, but I think that's wishful thinking on my part.

20% of the previous monthly total in one day of sales though is very very good. Well done.

29. Thanks From:

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Thanks, John -

Was fretting. October had been the best month of the year. November started out really slow. On December 1st, we were under October's numbers but not by much - under 1%! Had some merchants update overnight and November ended up 3% over October - for the best month of the year (hopefully so far).

Sunday was "OK" - again, fretting a bit. Yesterday before 7PM EST numbers were still "ho-hum". Sales started coming in after 7PM EST. Am downright giddy - unusual for me - an old, white guy.

Well, not as old as Chuck, but close...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

31. Thanks From:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast