Webhosting Affiliates
    Hello,
    I actually have 2 questions to ask, so instead of asking in 2 separate questions I thought of asking both in one topic itself. I hope that's ok.

1st Question:
    I co-own a webhosting company and we have an affiliate program.
    Which is the best Affiliate network to bring us more clients?
    Currently our funds are a little bit limited, so I think it will be better to join one instead of a lot.

Let me know if you have any tips on the affiliate program also. Our current plan is like this:
    Free 10USD on sign up + 20% recurring commission on every sale.
    The minimum pay out is 25USD.

2nd Question:
    I have a website which I list affordable hosting deals. I am basically looking for affiliate income from this website. I want you guys' opinion on this website.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; December 2nd, 2013 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Newbies can not add site references to their posts.

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Think carefully about owning both the webhosting company and an affiliate site with hosting deals. In effect you are competing with your own affiliates, which is greatly frowned upon in the industry. Most affiliates would refuse to work with you for that reason.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Quote Originally Posted by JCrooks - AffiliateWindow View Post
    Think carefully about owning both the webhosting company and an affiliate site with hosting deals. In effect you are competing with your own affiliates, which is greatly frowned upon in the industry. Most affiliates would refuse to work with you for that reason.
    First of all thanks for the quick reply. And yeah I have considered that. It's just that I have been planning to sell the affiliate site for some time now. But before selling it, I would really like to bring some traffic to it so that it goes for a good amount.

And for the time being, the hosting company will be primarily managed by my other partner.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Hmmm. As a hosting company you should already know who your competitors are - this should answer both of your questions...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    Hmmm. As a hosting company you should already know who your competitors are - this should answer both of your questions...
    Wait what?
    We actually know our competitors. I know in various way by which this helps me. But how do I know which is the best affiliate network to participate for getting new clients by knowing our competitors?

A few of our competitors actually signed up in almost all the affiliate networks I know. But we don't have that kind of funds for now. We're a small business with less than 100 clients. So what I am looking for is the best affiliate network for webhosting niche.

If you know what network your competitors are on AND you also have a site to promote hosting affiliate programs - then you should know which network has the most programs and how your competitors are doing on those networks.

In reality though, it doesn't sound like you're ready for an affiliate program on a network when you currently have less than 100 customers...

If you know what network your competitors are on AND you also have a site to promote hosting affiliate programs - then you should know which network has the most programs and how your competitors are doing on those networks.
    First of all thanks for clearing my doubts.

Now, when I say I promote hosting affiliate programs, I actually goto these hosting websites manually and sign up for their affiliate programs. Also I have tried commission junction and click bank for hosting affiliation, but I really don't think that's where all the hosting affiliates go.

In reality though, it doesn't sound like you're ready for an affiliate program on a network when you currently have less than 100 customers...
    Can you please explain in detail?

Your larger networks have minimum requirements, ie: $X amount of sales per year, higher startup/signup costs, and monthly minimums. You may qualify/be able to afford to sign up with a smaller network but you decrease your pool of affiliates.

Affiliates want to promote successful programs - you should be established and with a good track record of sales before starting an affiliate program...

So in your opinion it's better to focus on building a bigger client list that to go into affiliate programs?

Quote Originally Posted by xpl0iter View Post
    So in your opinion it's better to focus on building a bigger client list that to go into affiliate programs?
    Yes, Make your hosting successful...

11. Thanks From:

Yes, Make your hosting successful...
    Ok, thanks. So do you have any other ideas for the affiliate site?

Quote Originally Posted by xpl0iter View Post
    Ok, thanks. So do you have any other ideas for the affiliate site?
    Nope...

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Don't list your site on the public forum and has been removed. You CAN list it in the Review forum so start a new post there.

From experience the big players in hosting are on Commission Junction but that is a high cost to launch a program. There are plenty of hosting competitors in a low cost network like Shareasale so recommend starting there. Competition for healthy affiliate programs denotes affiliates making sales.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread