Why did I get declined
    Hello all,

I own a website and had used it to apply to affiliate marketing through LinkConnector. They declined my application and sent me cryptic information which did not make sense to me. Please see the email below. My site works but the reason why they declined me is a mystery. Since I'm new to affiliate marketing I hope it's not a dumb mistake that I'm making

Dear Sir

After reviewing your application to the LinkConnector Affiliate Network, we decided to decline your application. LinkConnector approves applications for fully functional sites that also contain unique content. If your site is not fully functional or lacks unique content please consider updating your site. Once you have done so, email us and we will review your site and reconsider your original application.

If you feel that our conclusion to disallow your inclusion in our network is flawed, please send an email to Affiliates@LinkConnector.com citing the reason.

We wish you the best in your future endeavors.
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; December 5th, 2013 at 12:33 PM. Reason: removed site reference

Not cryptic at all - your site is not functional nor does it contain unique content. Sorry.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Not cryptic at all - your site is not functional nor does it contain unique content. Sorry.
    how do they mean that it is not functional? when you type in the URL the site appears. and the content is unique because all the hats there look different. thats why there reason does not seem clear.

wezeller we can speculate all day about why they may have declined your application. Perhaps it would make more sense for you to submit your site in the Site / Logo / Banner Review forum where members can take a look at your site and look for deficiencies.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Next time, join a real network.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

6. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by rematt View Post
    wezeller we can speculate all day about why they may have declined your application. Perhaps it would make more sense for you to submit your site in the Site / Logo / Banner Review forum where members can take a look at your site and look for deficiencies.

-rematt
    thanks. I submitted it. :-(

when I looked at the site, I saw three pictures of hats. nothing useful, nothing helpful, nothing interesting.

just.three.hat.pictures on a background. that's all.
    The internet is a fad.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    No value to the site. Poor design. Think of it this way, how do you make the network look to their merchants if they approve sites like this? I'd recommend checking out The Extra Money Answer - Make Money Online with Affiliate Marketing to get a feel for how to build out a marketing platform that will allow you to deliver value to end users, the merchant and the network.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

10. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by akagorilla View Post
    Next time, join a real network.
    Hey. LinkConnector is currently my only income producing network. They offer about 7 merchants that fit perfectly with two of my websites and I make a steady monthly income with their merchants.

Seriously.

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by writerguy View Post
    Hey. LinkConnector is currently my only income producing network. They offer about 7 merchants that fit perfectly with two of my websites and I make a steady monthly income with their merchants.

Seriously.

Gary
    Sorry, Gary. I'll play nice. It's good to hear.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

Quote Originally Posted by akagorilla View Post
    Sorry, Gary. I'll play nice. It's good to hear.
    No problem at all, Greg.

I hadn't even heard of Linkconnector until three particular merchants I've had success with moved there from CJ a couple of years ago. Turns out, it's the merchants doing it for me, not particularly the network. (Actually, the Linkconnector network has been successful for me, because they had two other related merchants I added to the site which have brought me a few commissions, too.)

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Didn't Jeannine work there too years ago?

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    That's right, Chuck, I did! Good people!
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread