Question Need Help About eBay
    Hello,
    i am running ebay basic store since Jan 2013, my items prices are reasonable with reasonable shipping but my sales are very less average sale is 15 to 20 products sold in a month. items price average is 10$, my boss hire me to increase sales but i am unable to increase it now i want help to increase it to save my job. Usually i list my products for 7 days with fixed price. Keyword Rich Title, i can't offer FREE SHIPPING, Now give me few tips please help me i am very worried.

No one expert here ?

Outsourced Program Manager John Jupp's Avatar
    You don't specify what products, what customer demographic, whether there are alternatives to eBay more suited, competitor analysis, or whether the products are niche or generic. All you write is that they cost less than $10 a go and that you sell a handful a month.

How then can anyone answer the thread specifically?

I'd have thought conducting a full analysis of the products and customer demographics and competitor analysis and alternative marketplaces would be the first thing to do, rather than simply ask for advice on how to sell more immediately.
    Flambi Media Limited - USA/UK/EU Affiliate Management Expertise

When it comes to eBay it can be hard and lonely. But there are proven steps you can take to insure better positions. After all, low sales is usually because of low listings ( no one can find you)

Here are some steps to take..

1. Make sure everything on the list is filled out when posting a product. The more information, the higher eBay will post your listing.

2. See if your boss would consider raising the price a bit so you can offer free shipping. eBay will most often list free shipping items higher.

3. See what tags and keywords your competition is using to get higher listings. Then use those in your listing. Ebays search works just like google, so you can do SEO for your listings. Also,remember to use some long tail keywords as well.

4. Posting 3 or more pictures in the correct size format will better your listings. eBay just changed their picture size to a higher minimum, so be sure your listings are using that new min.

I hope this will help you out and save your job. Keep us posted on your progress.

5. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by John Jupp View Post
    You don't specify what products, what customer demographic, whether there are alternatives to eBay more suited, competitor analysis, or whether the products are niche or generic. All you write is that they cost less than $10 a go and that you sell a handful a month.

How then can anyone answer the thread specifically?

I'd have thought conducting a full analysis of the products and customer demographics and competitor analysis and alternative marketplaces would be the first thing to do, rather than simply ask for advice on how to sell more immediately.
    Thanks for reply
    i have ladies gym products like dumbbells, mats, stepper, sculpting bars etc. I have to sell in USA only. we have not any other store just ebay, monthly bases i analysis of competitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozta com View Post
    When it comes to eBay it can be hard and lonely. But there are proven steps you can take to insure better positions. After all, low sales is usually because of low listings ( no one can find you)

Here are some steps to take..

1. Make sure everything on the list is filled out when posting a product. The more information, the higher eBay will post your listing.

2. See if your boss would consider raising the price a bit so you can offer free shipping. eBay will most often list free shipping items higher.

3. See what tags and keywords your competition is using to get higher listings. Then use those in your listing. Ebays search works just like google, so you can do SEO for your listings. Also,remember to use some long tail keywords as well.

4. Posting 3 or more pictures in the correct size format will better your listings. eBay just changed their picture size to a higher minimum, so be sure your listings are using that new min.

I hope this will help you out and save your job. Keep us posted on your progress.
    Thanks for Tips and suggest me more
    1 . Usually all fields are filled with correct information.

2. I cant offer free shipping but i can do one more thing can i include shipping price in item cost and show as a FREE SHipping ?

3 . I think eBay does not allow SEO. But my titles are Riched with keywords and Synonyms

4. All pictures dimensions are 500x500

- - -- - - - - -
    Brother now what you say ?

Amazon marketplace has plenty of fitness related products like the ones you sell. Do a search for fitness products. That's one extra location to sell from.

Have you considered contacting Walmart to list at Exercise and Fitness Equipment - Walmart.com ? https://corporate.walmart.com/suppliers/ for info.

Alibaba has a marketplace too primarily for trade so look at some B2b sales Fitness Equipment, Fitness Equipment Products, Fitness Equipment Suppliers and Manufacturers at Alibaba.com and Global Sources is for very large bulk trade.

If you truly wanted big exposure then contact Shop TV and submit a product. Shop*TV

Hozta has given you good advice for eBay but tbh why just eBay? That's all I am saying. Business isn't just about one marketplace. so do your research and start contacting alternative revenue streams.

Amazon marketplace has plenty of fitness related products like the ones you sell. Do a search for fitness products. That's one extra location to sell from.

Have you considered contacting Walmart to list at Exercise and Fitness Equipment - Walmart.com ? https://corporate.walmart.com/suppliers/ for info.

Alibaba has a marketplace too primarily for trade so look at some B2b sales Fitness Equipment, Fitness Equipment Products, Fitness Equipment Suppliers and Manufacturers at Alibaba.com and Global Sources is for very large bulk trade.

If you truly wanted big exposure then contact Shop TV and submit a product. Shop*TV

Hozta has given you good advice for eBay but tbh why just eBay? That's all I am saying. Business isn't just about one marketplace. so do your research and start contacting alternative revenue streams.
    Thanks dear i got new directions. i can try walmart and Shoptv. Can you suggest me few tips to increase visibility of products in ebay. Can we discuss about ebay search algorithm ?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Walker View Post
    Thanks for Tips and suggest me more
    1 . Usually all fields are filled with correct information.

2. I cant offer free shipping but i can do one more thing can i include shipping price in item cost and show as a FREE SHipping ?

3 . I think eBay does not allow SEO. But my titles are Riched with keywords and Synonyms

4. All pictures dimensions are 500x500

- - -- - - - - -
    Brother now what you say ?
    You can include the shipping in the price, but you can't say it's free shipping because ebay will break it down. In order to do that you need to increase the price then say it's free shipping. For example... You sell a dumb bell for $20 + $8 shipping, just make the price $28 and say it's free shipping.

Ebay does allow for SEO in your product descriptions. What I mean by that is just use keywords just like you would on a site.

So your pics are fine with that size.

Now just be sure your prices are in check with other markets. John makes a great point about Amazon and their prices and do research.

Quote Originally Posted by Hozta com View Post
    You can include the shipping in the price, but you can't say it's free shipping because ebay will break it down. In order to do that you need to increase the price then say it's free shipping. For example... You sell a dumb bell for $20 + $8 shipping, just make the price $28 and say it's free shipping.

Ebay does allow for SEO in your product descriptions. What I mean by that is just use keywords just like you would on a site.

So your pics are fine with that size.

Now just be sure your prices are in check with other markets. John makes a great point about Amazon and their prices and do research.
    Hmm thanks buddy,
    currently competitor research almost completed, and trying to decrease item price & shipment charges but i have to send a perfect proposal to my boss. Thanks both of you guys superb. Thanks
    can you share your skype with me?

My contact details are in my signature. I use skype for client appointment calls only, as I have a busy schedule and cannot respond to non-scheduled chats. All other enquiries via email.

13. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager
    Do you have to sell at a fixed price? And do you offer combined shipping? I know that when I'm shopping for something like gym products I usually don't just buy one thing at a time, so offering combined shipping may draw more customers in (that is, if you keep your prices the same and don't offer free shipping. Free shipping is always the best way to attract people). That's all I could really add, everyone else has given you great advice.

I am a newbie in affiliate marketing & I am reading these posts to learn more about it. I just noticed John suggested to market your products on different sites which makes perfect sense to me.

I would also suggest to make a short video on YouTube to promote your products. The first video listed on youtube for the search fitness received about 2,371,585 views. I think that if you do a video showing the benefits one can get by using your products you could make some sales also from there.

Plus if the video is good it will be also listed on google organic listings.

As I said I am a newbie I would appreciate if some one like John could give his input on this strategy

Thank you all
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; December 15th, 2013 at 10:15 PM. Reason: typo

Video viral marketing works if you have the budget. Not just YouTube but other avenues too. For example production of a 30 second commercial plus a months airtime, 10 slots a day on satellite tv costs around $50,000. Again a lot of research, especially for placement is needed.

I'll just add that a mainstream satellite tv advertising campaign will on average give you at least a 300% uplift in sales during the campaign period. I have done these in the past and have seen the results first hand.

Video viral marketing works if you have the budget. Not just YouTube but other avenues too. For example production of a 30 second commercial plus a months airtime, 10 slots a day on satellite tv costs around $50,000. Again a lot of research, especially for placement is needed.
    Now days you have have a great commercial made on Fiverr for about $45 to $85. Then use it on Youtube. Just find someone on Fiverr that makes great videos and then contact them for a price, because it's usually never just the $5 to get a good video lol.

Speaking of which, there are a ton of radio stations on Fiverr that for just $5 they will advertise your site or product. Depending on the offer and station is depending on how many times they advertise it. Now I admit, most of those stations probably only have 1000 listeners at best, but hey, for $5 you never know

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread