ABW Ambassador
    Exclamation Google Paid ADS Now Look Exactly Like Organic Search Results
    I just noticed searching today that Google now has changed the look of paid ads to be exactly the same as organic ads to further deceive the user. Before there was some slight differences so you could tell which are paid and where the organic results start but now NOTHING. All you see now is at the top you will still see something like "Ads related to Whatever".

I can not see where the organic ads start which to me, firstly as a user is annoying as I want to only click organic results and 2ndly as an affiliate I now see my organic results are going to get less click-through's as people will click the first paid ads.

I guess this is good news for Google Adwords people but for organic people Google has just made it even harder now for us.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    You're not getting the little orange "Ad" button next to the paid ads?

Attached Images Attached Images
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

3. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Actually I used to see that image as well but not lately.

I use Google.com.au as my default even though I'm travelling through Asia.

I can also use Google.com and the 2nd image shows those results....

The two images below are of first searching for "Nike Womens" on Google.com.au and the 2nd image is of Google.com. You will especially notice on the first image that there are many paid ads and even more shop images on the right where there is only 1 image on the .com for some reason.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

ABW Ambassador
    OK, I just noticed that if I use Firefox or Chrome then the yellow images appear. So I'm only not seeing them in IE. I even logged out of Google in IE to see of that made a difference but no it doesn't.

Edit again, no this is wrong. If I use ANY browser for .com.au or .com then I see no yellow image anymore BUT if I use the country I'm in Google then I see the yellow images. Very strange!

6. Thanks From:

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread