Thread: Avoiding Basic Errors in Affiliate Marketing ? Part 2

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Avoiding Basic Errors in Affiliate Marketing ? Part 2
    Last week we looked at some common errors by affiliate program managers, especially by people new to the affiliate channel, so this week we’ll expand on that, starting with a couple of affiliate partner favorites, leaks and up to date creative. Leaks!What harm can it possibly cause you think to have a few outbound links on your site that lead to like minded web sites or sites that support the product that you are selling. Nice big promo for your buddies web site perhaps. These are something an affiliate really hates to see. An affiliate focuses on sending your targeted Read More...

The post Avoiding Basic Errors in Affiliate Marketing – Part 2 appeared first on AMWSO.

More...

Great article, advice. Although there are some AMs (quite respected) who will disagree with you about leaks to so-called "sister sites." Had a conversation quite awhile back with one about this and was told the usual "there's very rarely clicks out + aff marketing channel brings in only 5-6%, blah, blah, blah." (Not sure about these figures, my memory is faulty.) It's good to see that reputable AMs don't condone leaks...thank you!
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

3. Thanks From:

Good article. I love it and it brings out some great points for Affiliate Managers. I think the most important part is the Terms Of Use or Affiliate Agreement that you talked about. Worth the whole read in my opinion.

5. Thanks From:

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Thanks for the feedback

Leaks is always a tough one, especially with merchants that have related sites that are not tracking under the same cookie. From their perspective it's all a good thing to cross promote these sites.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

7. Newsletter Signup