...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Why Linkshare's Channel concept may not be a bad idea...
    LinkShare's Channel concept is far from perfect especially in the areas of reporting and payments - would prefer to receive ONE payment a month for ALL channels.

Here's one of the reasons I like the channel concept:

No merchant on LinkShare has ever told us "We're terminating you because you have websites in your profile that do not agree with the merchant's self-righteous beliefs". Yes, this has happened on more than one occasion on CJ this year and again recently with Joe's New Balance Outlet and New Balance. Which, by the way, only took them over a year to notice the other websites in our profile. Yes, we have two non-mainstream sites listed - but as we told the OPM "We're professionals and we don't put shoes on an adult related site and vice versa.

Yes, we can open more accounts with CJ and even link them - but a channel model like LinkShare may be a better solution...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Linkshare channel model is so annoying. I click to get links from an affiliate newsletters and the links don't work because they put the affiliate ID from a channel that has no relationship with that merchant in the link. CJ's model is so much better. I once had the same problem as you did with a CJ merchant's self-righteous beliefs, but I'd rather not do business with those merchants , than have an annoying Channel model.

3. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by shimmy View Post
    Linkshare channel model is so annoying. I click to get links from an affiliate newsletters and the links don't work because they put the affiliate ID from a channel that has no relationship with that merchant in the link. CJ's model is so much better.
    Never had a problem with LinkShare newsletters containing the wrong Channel ID - but that does happen regularly on CJ (which, I believe, uses the oldest site ID/PID in your profile)...

But when it happens on CJ the links still work. When it happens on Linkshare the links are dead. I posted dead links so many times because I forgot to check the Linkshare links.

I have two sites in completely different niches, so I like the channel concept.

Everything is kept separate, including cron jobs & my own merchandiser review/access process (it can be a challenge trying to reconcile 100+ stores across 2 niches).

Over the past couple of years, I've had to respond to more rejections on other networks than I care to remember.. a real pain in the ass ("no, the application is for Niche #2")

In a perfect world, both channels would earn enough revenue to make up for the payment issue, but I don't mind that for now. My LS merchants are on auto-pilot, and it's easy to add more.

ABW Ambassador
    there is only one word for Linkshare channel system PITA but sure ok if you only have 2 websites.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

8. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Even if it does have some benefits then they could have made the reporting at least to be much easier across sites so you don't have to start all over again for each website.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

10. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    Never had a problem with LinkShare newsletters containing the wrong Channel ID - but that does happen regularly on CJ (which, I believe, uses the oldest site ID/PID in your profile)...
    I think that's reversed actually, at least in my experience, but that was with the deep linking tool. I had an alternate site that I had long since abandoned and it took me a little bit to realize that CJ was crafting links crediting that site as opposed to my core site which I've used since the beginning.

not that it really matters, but just throwing it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by bradk View Post
    I think that's reversed actually, at least in my experience, but that was with the deep linking tool. I had an alternate site that I had long since abandoned and it took me a little bit to realize that CJ was crafting links crediting that site as opposed to my core site which I've used since the beginning.

not that it really matters, but just throwing it out there.
    Reversed? CJ still uses one default PID in merchant email links. Conversations with CJ support confirms that affiliates can not specify a default PID...

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread