Redoing an old site that has died in traffic over the years. Need suggestions.
    I am trying to refresh the content and design of a few of my sites. The traffic has gone down over the years, and they are not ranking nearly as well as before. I had some unfortunate medical issues which I needed to deal with. All this happened during the time I was in recovery from surgery (spinal). It's been a good 16 or so months. The sites run on auto-pilot, but the traffic had gone from 1k - 2k visitors per day to a couple hundred.

Open to ideas on how to get back some of that lost traffic.

In addition, I wanted to start a few new WordPress blogs. One on spinal cord issues, treatment, and dealing with everything from chronic pain, to recovery, to social and family issues.

What would be some of the best ways to start getting traffic to the new blog? I know it will take time to build, and time I have, however, I just want to make sure I am doing the best possible for my sites in terms of building traffic and return visits.

Many thanks in advance to all who reply with suggestions.

Anyone care to chime in?

wild guess, but add some new content to the sites that have lower traffic.
    The internet is a fad.

Quote Originally Posted by intluser View Post
    Anyone care to chime in?
    Interesting question. Sorry, but I missed seeing your introduction to the forum. Clicky
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    What Bill is trying to say is that you just pop-in unannounced and ask for help but we don't know you from Adam. How about posting an introduction so we know a bit about you then members may be inclined to take the time to give you advice about your site.

I am sorry, I was unaware. I will post an intro now. My apologies.

7. Thanks From:

no apologies necessary. I didn't post an intro when I got here.

I would be interested in seeing how the traffic changes when an old site has some new content added.
    The internet is a fad.

9. Thanks From:

Been posting new content for months, SE traffic not moving a bit. Google and Bing bots visit daily. Not black listed. Using free tools at attracta for verification.

A site review may help, you can ask for one here:

http://www.abestweb.com/forums/site-...er-review-146/
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

12. Thanks From:

be careful with attracta. better check your robots file and see if they messed with it. also check the sitemap they create and see if it is accurate.

14. Thanks From:

Doing a revamp of the older sites will help a bunch. Just be sure they comply to the new Google. Things have changed fast over the last 16 months, and you being out with the spine, you may not know all the changes Google has made, so study on that.

If you are going to create a blog about spinal issues, I would first add a few months worth of posts there. Then I would put out some press releases about this site that helps those with spinal issues. Then I would work on getting the site an authority site with Google. Once you get that status, Google will pick up on your posts every day and place them on their news feeds.
    [COLOR="Red"]Affiliates earn 35% recurring commission on every referral at [URL="http://hozta.com/affiliate_program.php"]Hozta.com[/URL][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Blue"]Hosting only $3.99/mo at [URL="http://hozta.com"]Hozta.com[/URL][/COLOR]

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread