ABW Ambassador
    A Fun Variation on the Promo Code Box
    This would be a fun way to implement a Promo Code box:

The site would say that it donates a portion of all sales to a charity. Please select a charity. It would list several worthy charities followed by the Promo Code Box.

Filling out the Promo Code would take money away from the charity.

The wording might be "We donate a portion of sales to charity of your choice, or you can use a promo code."

BTW, If I was a merchant, I would have a smart commission rate. If the buyer buys without a coupon, the affiliate gets a high rate. If the buyer uses a coupon, the affiliate gets a lower rate.

The idea behind affiliate coupons is that the coupons helps the affiliate increase conversions. If an affiliate uses this tool, they should pay part of of the cost of the tool.

An affiliate who clinches a sale without a coupon is engaged in a more difficult task and brings more value to a merchant and should be rewarded with a higher commission.

Of course, I really love the image that when you use a coupon you are wrenching money from the hands of a worthy charity.

Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by yintercept View Post
    This would be a fun way to implement a Promo Code box:

The site would say that it donates a portion of all sales to a charity. Please select a charity. It would list several worthy charities followed by the Promo Code Box.

Filling out the Promo Code would take money away from the charity.

The wording might be "We donate a portion of sales to charity of your choice, or you can use a promo code."
    Very interesting idea! The original motivation behind couponing is to segment the market where those who are more price sensitive can pay a lower price (because they don't mind spending their sunday afternoons cutting coupons out of the newspaper) while those who are not so price sensitive won't bother. This approach seems like it would segment the market based on whether or not you're an ******* And it just might work because I think most people are not!

BTW, If I was a merchant, I would have a smart commission rate. If the buyer buys without a coupon, the affiliate gets a high rate. If the buyer uses a coupon, the affiliate gets a lower rate.
    A lot of us try to do this in a crude way by having lower commissions for the coupon sites. Unfortunately, the affiliate that brought the customer in without the coupon oftentimes doesn't get anything because their cookie is overwritten by the coupon site.

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread