How soon should I approach affiliate networks?
    Hi guys,

Totally new to affiliate marketing.

built my website and it looks good. but i haven't gotten any traffic to it yet. planning to start marketing soon.

Approached flexoffers and got rejected with the laconic message below.

now, the only thing i don't have on my site are visitors. Is this it? should I generate traffic and then approach the ANs?

how much traffic? (as without offers it goes down the drain...)

Thanks!!!

TG

Thank you for applying to our network. There are several requirements that a website must meet prior to being approved for our program, such as original on-site content, traffic, a well designed site, proper contact information, etc.

Due to one or more of these requirements having not been met, we cannot approve your site at this time"

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    First it doesn't hurt to write back or better yet get on the phone to explain you are just getting started, hence no traffic. The networks that are interested in working with you are the one you want to stick with.

Are you only going after CPA offer networks?

FlexOffers can be one of the tougher ones to deal with in my experience. I can't even imagine having gotten started with them and even after getting in...

For what I do, CJ is my personal favorite. But it all comes down to what your objective is.

But definitely expect denials and prepare to appeal via email. Doesn't hurt. usually.

What are you advertising, perhaps we can recommend specific networks.

Thank u guys!

Fitness related products (supplements, gym gear, apparel). Model is cps.

I did send them a mail and I will call them based on your advice.

Having managed some of the top selling treadmill equipment affiliate programs for four years I recommend looking at Commission Junction and AvantLink (where some of my programs ended up). Google Affiliate Network had some and they may have ended up at Pepperjam. Problem is you need to get accepted by the network before you can see who they promote.

To the title of the OPs post:How soon should I approach affiliate networks?
    IMHO a site should have a perceived value in the content as its first goal. Am I correct in my thinking?
    Since the site I am attempting to put together is "blog" based, I think I should author articles to my sites defined purpose. I want to provide a number of articles that validate the worth to the browser and hopefully convert that person to a reader and follower... When I have developed that relationship I believe that is the time to approach affiliate networks
    Your comments, if you please... TIA

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    We have some strong fitness programs as well.

As Chuck said, you need to see whether the issue is getting accepted by the network or if there's something inherently wrong with your site right now which may prevent that. If you'd like to join Affiliate Window, I can stay in touch with my Compliance team and see if they have any issues with your site.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Thank you very much. I did take a look at affiliate window and there are probably some publishers which are relevant. I will definitely get to it.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread