SEO is dead?
    Hello Everyone,

When I was in the research about "SEO is dead", I got a new topic called Online Audience Optimization, Is that true SEO is Dead?

If thats true, what do you call SEO Experts? Does they need to change their designation as Online Audience Optimization Analyst? Can anyone explain here about Online Audience Optimization. Clear all my doubts.

Thank you
    Divya Rai

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Never hear of it! SEO is still SEO, just using different tactics.

3. Thanks From:

SEO is not even close to being dead.... it's stronger than it has ever been! When I say it, I am referring to the amount of traffic you can drive to your website by doing a number of "whitehat" procedures. Things such as on-page and off-page optimization. Image optimization. A site that has "clean code" and is easy for the SERP's to read/crawl. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY... creating QUALITY, UNIQUE content on a FREQUENT basis.

#MyTwoCents
    Jason Rubacky - CEO/SEO Nerd at PassTheSEO
    jason at passtheseo dot com
    @jasonrubacky

5. Thanks From:

Jason great talking with you and Violent J (inside joke)! Expect to see more from you and looking forward to your input on the current state of SEO.

7. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Jason great talking with you and Violent J (inside joke)! Expect to see more from you and looking forward to your input on the current state of SEO.
    Great seeing you as well and I am going to be picking up my post count starting now. I look forward to providing quality advice/strategies for the ABW family!
    @jasonrubacky

Online Audience Optimization includes Encouraging audience participation in all kind of stuffs you share through online.

Thanks, This is very interesting topic. i think seo will never die, activities could be change.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesjennifer View Post
    Thanks, This is very interesting topic. i think seo will never die, activities could be change.
    Techniques may change every year or month.

Quote Originally Posted by Divya_rai View Post
    Techniques may change every year or month.
    try weekly, if not on a daily basis.

ABT = ALWAYS BE TESTING!!!
    @jasonrubacky

13. Thanks From:

SEO is not dead but Matt Cutt is just trying to get away from all the tricks we seo's use to practice in the past when they were acceptable, link directories, etc.

Content is king as always but now it is coming closer to being god as well.

It is tough to keep up with the algo changes. That is for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Richieboy67 View Post
    Content is king as always but now it is coming closer to being god as well.
    IDK that I agree with that as much anymore. Quality content is definitely important, but not "king" anymore. Big brand names can rank with cookie cutter manufacturer product descriptions/pictures. Sites with affiliate links, even with great content, don't rank as well. Social engagement, even with bad content, is an important signal, also.
    Content is slowly being moved to the back burner. Having great content can be a catalyst to other important signals, but it definitely can't get you ranked like it used to.

My 2.

16. Thanks From:

Cool
    Finally a SEO showdown

Quote Originally Posted by calebtheredwood View Post
    IDK that I agree with that as much anymore. Quality content is definitely important, but not "king" anymore. Big brand names can rank with cookie cutter manufacturer product descriptions/pictures. Sites with affiliate links, even with great content, don't rank as well. Social engagement, even with bad content, is an important signal, also.
    Content is slowly being moved to the back burner. Having great content can be a catalyst to other important signals, but it definitely can't get you ranked like it used to.

My 2.
    While I agree somewhat about descriptions, etc but this only will happen if unique and original which to me counts as content.

Social sites are also becoming more important in terms of traffic but not so much in terms of seo.

I believe content is more important these days due to the changes with how link backs are now viewed by Google, etc. I think good original content is more important now than ever. The latest algo changes are able to pick up on all the seo tricks like keyword packing, etc.

Meta tags, seo friendly urls, link backs and many other things are no longer as important as before, some of these are not important at all.
    Also, to clarify here, when I talk about seo I am usually talking about Google. I just do not know enough about the others but things could be vastly different.

Just my opinion though and as long as I am learning I am happy.

BTW - Sorry if this sounded so scattered. lol I am doing about 13 things at once right now and not doing any of them too well.

SEO is not dead. Now you must create good content on your sites (content that people actually want to read) Over time you will get traffic to your site provided that you did your keyword research correctly

Quote Originally Posted by kb24 View Post
    SEO is not dead. Now you must create good content on your sites (content that people actually want to read) Over time you will get traffic to your site provided that you did your keyword research correctly
    Well said. It kills me when I see people pushing keywords in articles these days. I always tell the people that write for my sites to write for the reader and not to worry about the keywords.

I really do wish though that Google would use FB and Twitter to increase page rank, etc. All the time and money spent on those things it would be good if it impacted the site more in the engine rather than just the direct traffic. I was just reading an article on that a few days ago written by Matt Cutt.

They don't own Facebook or Twitter and are in competition with them, why on earth would they use them for ranking?

I mean in terms of crawling them as they crawl other sites and using that content/links to impact page rank of the site that content is there for. Google does not use content from those particular social sites to impact page rank. See what I mean?

You can have a great FB page with many thousands of links and sure, people may find those posts in Google but it will not impact the page rank of the site it is representing or at least that is what I gather from Mat Cutt unless I misunderstood.

Having great content can be a catalyst to other important signals, but it definitely can't get you ranked like it used to.
    Exactly, anyone that still believes content is king is behind the power curve and should

ABT = ALWAYS BE TESTING!!!
    Social signals have been king for almost a year now and the SEO's that are dead are the ones still selling it.

All the naysayer's can go ahead and argue with Matt Cutt's if they don't believe it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQZY7EmjbMA#t=35

Pay Attention to what he's not saying....

Quote Originally Posted by UGIB View Post
    Exactly, anyone that still believes content is king is behind the power curve and should

Social signals have been king for almost a year now and the SEO's that are dead are the ones still selling it.

All the naysayer's can go ahead and argue with Matt Cutt's if they don't believe it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQZY7EmjbMA#t=35

Pay Attention to what he's not saying....
    I really do not understand what you are saying regarding social content? While important it does not get your website listed higher under the search terms you want your site to be listed under. So while you may have your fb page listed under the same keywords if lucky it does not necessarily translate to more visitors to your site in a major way depending on your topic.

I do not know what you mean by saying that it is king.

Speaking in regards to seo on a website and not a social site like FB or twitter what is more important than having good content and lots of it? This is what I mean by Content is King. Good content generates link backs, etc not to mention it increases the amount of listings and keywords you cover in search engines.

Finally, Matt Cutt is talking about duplicate content. I am not sure of what you mean. I am more apt at hearing what people are saying so please tell me what you think he is saying in terms of social sites. I think though I just did not explain what I meant well by ranking from social sites. When ever I talk about seo I am talking about websites other than FB and Twitter. I am not saying you cannot have a fan page rank well and that it is not important.

Most of my clients have very good FB pages and it is rare that any of them ever generate over 5% and that is with good social content, many followers and good site promotion not including using paid promo.

IMHO, As long as we have search engines there will be SEO. Online Audience Optimization may be one element of SEO. I'm currently a SEO student, previously a SEO wizard, originally a SEO student.
    ~Ernie

Quote Originally Posted by erninator View Post
    IMHO, As long as we have search engines there will be SEO. Online Audience Optimization may be one element of SEO. I'm currently a SEO student, previously a SEO wizard, originally a SEO student.
    Well said!

I think we are all students trying to be wizards.

Quote Originally Posted by erninator View Post
    You have pointed it out very well. I wanted a review about Online audience optimization. Good job

SEO is not dead, only Google algorithm is changed.

29. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread