Exclamation SAS invalid links report - What do these errors mean??
    I noticed I getting Link "Code Error" & "Link Not Active" in the SAS invalid links report for a merchant I trying out on one of my sites. Here is a screen shot (below) what does this mean? Are my links tracking???

The site converts very well but never made a sale with this merchant so far.

Any advice on what these errors means, The links are from their product feed.

Thanks
    Kevin...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Means several things.

Link not active - maybe it was a Halloween link that the merchant finally got around to removing.

Link code error: maybe the old link pointed to a merchant page called potholder.htm and the merchant changed the name of the page to pot_holders.htm

If your sas report actually shows the "page last clicked from", that will help. If not, it's some detective work on your part.

Sometimes searching your site for 506029679 (the merchants actual banner id number) helps

Best/Billy

Edited to add: I assume your cookie is still tracking regardless, but you should check the link from your site. One of my merchants doesn't have a "missing" page, and my bad links go to a page where the customer can't even get to the merchant's homepage
    Last edited by Billy Kay; January 17th, 2014 at 01:57 PM. Reason: more text

3. Thanks From:
    kse

Just went through all of them and they are all current products from their updated datafeed. All links with the above codes work and land on the right product pages.

So as far as I can see all of the links are working just find. But this has be concerned why I getting this error and the fact that I have not made one sale with them. I may switch over to their Linkshare program and see what happens on that network.

Thanks

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    kse,

Are they still coming in - or are those all from around the same timeline last night?
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

They all came in last night, their was another merchant who got the same error as well yesterday. This is not the first time I seen errors like this for other merchants. I was keep a close eye on this merchant due to no sales on a site that was converting very well.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread