affiliate squeeze pages
    Hello -
    I'm new here but I wanted to ask a question right off the bat. :-)

I'm considering placing all my affiliate squeeze pages on one WordPress website. It will simply be a place holder for all squeeze pages with different product offers. I will choose a generic domain...and place squeeze pages on "pages" of the WP site.

I'm doing this rather than creating domains or websites for each product squeeze page....and it seems it could be better organized.

Am I think right? or Am I way of base?

All or most of affiliate links for cloaked and Google seldom will index a Squeeze page anyway. Example - www.mydomain.com/Health or www.mydomain.com/sports www.mydomain.com/marketing

I would appreciate you thoughts on this.

Thanks.
    Joe

Does anyone in the "forum" foresee any issues or problems with doing this?

2. Thanks From:

If you're not relying on search engine rankings/traffic (it sounds like you're not) or brand recognition/type-in traffic, then it's probably a pretty good idea. It will certainly make things a lot easier to maintain and manage.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Good question & conversation starter, Joe Good, considering that this is your first post.

I like the question of what to do with a general domain and your proposed answers.

It's good to see davidh posting again
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

sorry for all the typos in my post....looking at what I wrote...I'm a little embarrassed. I guess I was a little too excited about placing my first post here. :-) Anyway, thanks for the nice responses...and I hope to receive more thoughts and opinions.

Joe

You posed an interesting question.

I don't think many of us who are long term members use squeeze pages, but I could be wrong. I don't use squeeze pages but maybe there are methods that I might consider.

Another issue: once upon a time cloaking was hot but I'm not sure if it still is.
    Going back to davidh's statement, if you are not using search engines for traffic and you are not
    utilizing brand recognition, how do you plan on driving customers to your pages/site?

If you use our search button for "squeeze page" or "squeeze pages" you will get lots of hits. Maybe that's the reading material you should check
    Last edited by Rhia7; February 1st, 2014 at 01:43 AM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Hi Rhia7 -

As an affiliate marketer and not the owner of the product, I'm not looking for brand recognition - just sales or commissions. I use PPV, (CPV) and solo ads from safe-swap.com I never depend on free organic traffic from Google. I pay for the traffic. How do you create traffic?

Joe

Outsourced Program Manager John Jupp's Avatar
    When I was an active affiliate I used to create pages for individual products and sometimes for individual merchants under one domain just as you propose. Doing it for products was more successful in the SERPS than for individual merchants and it was quite lucrative for a time, providing I could keep it all up to date.

When it got too much I switched to using feeds but again dropped that after time as maintaining the feeds (especially when merchants don't use the same category descriptions) was very time consuming, even if quoting by sku.

If you have the time to maintain, then a larger site with many pages created for each product will do well organically and theoretically will convert better if relevant, well they used to unless someone with more up to date knowledge of how the SERPS are played these days can advise.
    Flambi Media Limited - USA/UK/EU Affiliate Management Expertise

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread