Exclamation Shopping Cart
    Hello All,

My name is Nic and I'm just starting to get into affiliate marketing. The main question I have thus far involves the process by which consumers actually purchase the items I post to my site. For instance, suppose I want to sell button down shirts through Nordstrom, can users buy directly from my site or do they necessarily have to be redirected to Nordstrom's website to purchase the shirt?

Best,

Nic

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    The confirmation code for the sale resides on the Nordstrom site, so yes, they would need to go to Nordstrom. Besides, you don't want to get in the middle of the transaction process, which would generate all kinds of privacy concerns, liability for stolen credit card info, etc.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Nic that's why its affiliate marketing, you affiliate with the merchant but the products, shipping, taxes and transaction take place through the merchant site. Other models are wholesaler/dealers who physically buy the product, stock and ship. Or dropshippers who sell via their cart then batch the order to the merchant, wire the money sans their cut of the cost and shipping/taxes.

Thank you both for the prompt reply.

Another question: If I want to sell multiple products on my site from Nordstrom, do customers need to leave every time they want to add an item to their shopping cart? Can I send customers from my site to Nordstrom with a full shopping cart of their items?

Also, do customers choose their sizes from my site or from Nordstrom's?

Best,

Nic

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    They would keep adding items from the Nordstrom site.

Your role as the affiliate is to interest them enough in the items on the Nordstrom site that they want to go there to buy it. After that it is up to Nordstrom to finish selling either the original item, other items, or both. That's why it is important to also review the merchant's sales funnel before selecting who you promote.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Do customers need to add each item individually from all sites, or just from Nordstrom's? Do you know of any sites that use Nordstrom that I can refer to?

Best,

Nic

The customer adds products while on the merchants site and not the affiliate site. The affiliate site is just a gateway to the merchant. Here's a video that explains it:

8. Thanks From:

Thanks for the video.

Based on your experience, what does it take to become an affiliate for Nordstrom? How much traffic do you recommend before applying?

Best,

Nic

That is a tough one to join, you need to have a quality site and traffic. Find the program and see if you can contact the affiliate manager before applying.

How much traffic are we talking about?

Best,

Nic

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    You'll need a clean, well-targeted, fashion niche site with a bit of history to get their attention. As for traffic, they will be looking for network traffic. So if you're already getting decent traffic to their competitors, they'll be a little more eager to approve you.

Overall traffic to the site means little if that traffic doesn't convert.

They were our number one merchant for commissions on LinkShare in 2013 with an EPC of $79.14...
    Last edited by Convergence; February 4th, 2014 at 12:59 PM.
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

13. Thanks From:

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread