Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    Commission Junction Now CJ Affiliate By Conversant
    Looks like a rebrand. And maybe some changes?

We're Sorry!
    Site Status

The Account Manager is unavailable at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. When the Account Manager becomes available again, your most recent transactions may not yet be posted to your reports.

We value your business and appreciate your patience!

and now

Http/1.1 Service Unavailable

Back now.

2. Thanks From:

Wow - that's weird. And ugly green, too. I wonder what's up.

4. Thanks From:

ValueClick Rebrands, Launches Marketing Personalization Platform as Conversant | Business Wire

Looks like they are having CSS problems. I've got buttons floating in space and yeah, the ugly green. I can't stand what the UI designers are doing to CJ. Overtime, CJ's business is going to decline as the people who are now in charge lose touch with what it means to run an affiliate network. Sad because we don't have a really good alternative yet.

6. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Makes it hard to read for old eyes like mine. Pastel colors! So Valueclick is the new Conversant?

8. Thanks From:

Dumbass busybodies.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

I agree. That green isn't easy on the eyes.

More on the news in the Commission Junction is now CJ Affiliate by Conversant blog post on CJ.

G.

11. Thanks From:

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Re the blog post: I tried adding a comment and it disappeared. No other comments there; I wonder why.....
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

13. Thanks From:

That is one fugly green. I guess they did that to distinguish the new brand from the yellow-green of the old one. There's so many more greens they could have chosen. This shade makes them look dated.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

15. Thanks From:

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    They "win". No longer have the energy to help them improve their messes.

UI is now so stand-offish will naturally just use them less and less, unfortunately.

Seriously, their competition really needs to go after CJ merchants and get them to switch - start by pointing them to recent threads...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

17. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    That explains all those "fancy" UI system changes...New branding, probably new designers who tried too hard to show off their design skills.

I'm more annoyed by the new UI system they've been pushing since last Summer than the ugly green color, especially the new "pending offer" report. It is so annoying that I haven't accepted or declined any new offers from merchants for about a month now. They don't even both to read my "feedbacks" so I'm going to let the pending list grow.

19. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    When was the last time that CJ made a change and we all said, wow that is really cool?

ABW Ambassador
    To be fair, their individual merchant's interface is still the best than any other networks. Hopefully they don't ever touch it.

"Under the new brand the company will roll out the world’s first integrated marketing personalization platform that helps brands connect with people as individuals at major scale."

My Eyes, MY EYES

23. Thanks From:

Very painful on the eyes. All the changes made by the designers are truly terrible. They should disclose their names just so everyone knows never to hire them in the future.

25. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by mayfly View Post
    They don't even both to read my "feedbacks" so I'm going to let the pending list grow.
    Here's a trick... File a support ticket with a precise description of the problem. Point out how the new UI is keeping you from getting work done. What you want to do is raise the issue outside of the UI team such that the rest of the company starts to exert pressure on them.

The UI/Design team is going to try to hide their dirty laundry to keep their jobs. If the heads of other departments hear enough complaints, then they will talk with their VP's/CEO and then you will see some change.

27. Thanks From:

You are right. I will start flooding them with support tickets of every change they made that makes me waste time. And I'm going to keep responding every day and not just let them tell me to click the feedback link

29. Thanks From:

"We’re excited to announce that all ValueClick, Inc. companies - Commission Junction, Dotomi, Greystripe, Mediaplex, and ValueClick Media - and are now united and operating as GreenVomit."
    Just got the email announcement.

I'm sure this will improve their support ticket process and reduce the amount of canned responses.

not

31. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Never mind.
    Last edited by mayfly; February 4th, 2014 at 11:49 AM.

Wow...just wow.
    CJ keeps doing this over and over..."Let's make it look pretty; this way our shrinking client list won't notice how flawed the technology is."
    It's a wonder how some of these people at the top are still employed.

34. Thanks From:

There seems to a recent trend towards CJ-bashing...

I might be the only one who actually prefers the new interface. They eventually put back some features which were important to me (links sorted by newest date, for example, which was a major omission) .. but overall, I find it MUCH easier to extract links from merchants now.

Then again, I hated the old interface

I'm pretty upset about the new UI because it makes my job very difficult. I recently spent a couple of days reading merchant descriptions and joining programs. It was so painful that I felt like pulling my hair out. I kept losing my place and had to spend 5 minutes or more scrolling. In the old UI, I could say, "ok, I'm on page 6 of the pagination if I lose my place, I know to go back to page 6". With new UI, there isn't any pagination on the advertiser list. So you scroll, and scroll, and scroll, and scroll.

In my opinion, CJ used to be a great network for power users. Now, they seem to be working towards the lowest common denominator and totally killing power user workflows as they go.

From a usability perspective, easy things should be easy, hard things should be POSSIBLE. Right now hard things are so painful that I frequently just give up. This doesn't make sense because CJ should be the network for the fortune 500's???
    Last edited by isellstuff; February 4th, 2014 at 03:55 PM.

I kept losing my place and had to spend 5 minutes or more scrolling
    Ouch, sorry to hear..

For the past few months, I've just been a "pick-up-links quickly" user, and that little section is easier to access. Certainly don't mean to trivialize anyone else's experience.

Honestly, some of these fancy UI techniques have killed proper navigation across the web (ajax, or whatever it is). And the browser back button should be "back", not "resubmit" the form.

Actually TeeZone, you have identified an issue with our UI feedback to CJ. I didn't touch the advertiser pages for several months because it "wasn't that time of the year". I didn't get really mad until I had to perform what is basically a quarterly task.

ABW Ambassador
    Looks like the "Run Report" button has also decided to leave CJ, with other frustrated users. It's almost half way out of the box already :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images

40. Thanks From:

So... I go into CJ and am doing the usual weekly deletion of "Program Offers", but managed to accept the terms of all 87 offers instead of declining offers. Their new icons can suck it!! Now my inbox is going to be flooded with shit merchant spam while I try to clean this up.

Please send competent interns and medication.

42. Thanks From:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast