ABW Ambassador
    Organic Affiliate Garden Merchants Hard to Find
    I was trying to find a niche in Garden organic vegetable seeds and it is surprising after searching all day how many shops still don't have an affiliate program. Networks like Avantlink and ShareAsale could pick up many of these merchants I'm sure if they wanted to. 95% of all the stores I found in my niche or offer organic seeds had no program as all, a couple had one with the networks and one had an in-house one. it does make me realize that we are still in the infancy period of affiliate marketing as there are many, many merchants that have not even got a program yet.

If anyone knows some merchants (with datafeeds) that I could use outside of Avantlink, Linkshare & CJ (as I have been there done that) it would be good. I did search through ShareAsale but I found their search feature hard to work around for specific things as is all the other networks besides Avantlink.

it does also suck when you find a merchant you want to use but have to wait to be approved or to get FTP access or whatever
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

It would be fun to manage a program like that, I would think. - Lots of video content producers working the organic and homesteading niche.
    Danny K. - Network Administrator, Digital River- oneNetworkDirect.com, Email: dkautt@digitalriver.com

3. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    yeah there is plenty of players in Organic now days. I see Sears have a lot of the products I'm looking for when searching on CJ ( new Links - Product Tab) unfortunately most lead to the wrong pages like unrelated products like Teddy Bears or whatever hhmm...
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Feel free to email me a list of sites you would like to see programs for or feel free to post them in this thread. I have a biz dev guy who will contact them and pitch an affiliate program.

6. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    thanks Chuck

here is an article which lists the top most popular 14 vegetable seed companies:

Best Vegetable Seed Companies - Organic Gardening - MOTHER EARTH NEWS

And Also this one is good (Burpee is on Linkshare, waiting to be approved)

List of Great Seed Catalogs: Organic Gardening

All of these stores are the sort of thing I'm looking for.

I found one on Avantlink called "Monticello" that has some products. Also DirectGardening on CJ and Nature Hills Nursery on ShareAsale but their datafeed is causing me problems.

Even with these merchants I still have a limited range of items for my niche, if I was able to get datafeeds in the future from some of these ones listed in the articles above with no program it would be great.

8. Thanks From:

Will see what we can do.

10. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Update:

Found a few merchants on Linkshare so added my website channel and applied a few days ago to each merchant, not one has approved me yet zzzz, gee I guess their affiliate managers are really busy huh!:

Burpee - PENDING
    Cook’s Garden - PENDING
    Plow & Hearth - PENDING

12. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Will see what we can do.
    Hi Chuck, did anything come of this?

Checking on this, didn't mean to leave you hanging.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Checking on this, didn't mean to leave you hanging.
    No problem, I have been progressing with finding a couple of merchants to include and getting some datafeeds from Linkshare. Sales are coming in here and there already..

16. Thanks From:

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread