Help please
    Hello - I hope this greeting finds all of you well and in the best of health!
    I am new to Affiliate Marketing and trust me I have done a good share of research. While there is a lot to learn, I am up for the challenge. Is it possible to have success in affiliate marketing without a website or blog or is a website or blog a MUST HAVE in the industry for certain success? If not, would someone be willing to share with me how to start – the ABC’s. For example, can I join an Affiliate Network like Clickrover or Linkshare today without a website or blog? Also, how is affiliate marketing accomplished without paying for it? Your help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Most of the major networks require that you have an active website or blog to begin. Very few merchants will allow you to send direct traffic (normally recruited by PPC) without having consumers stop on your site in between.

I think your best way to get started is to read a lot of the threads on here, plus the countless other blogs on affiliate marketing. Learn the types of sites and promotional methods, pick an area of interest and pursue that. Know what the various terms mean, as, like any other industry, there are a bunch of terms and acronyms with a very specific meaning. Think your site through thoroughly in your mind, then either develop it yourself or hire someone to design it for you (can be done at a reasonable cost).

There's not a single ABC's approach to success in the affiliate marketing industry. While there are many folks out there selling a program, most were based on something that was successful a while ago and wouldn't still work today. (I call them the "big check guys.") Don't spend your hard earned dollars on a system until you have thoroughly checked out all of that's out there and really, really know how everything works so you can make an informed decision.

Sure, it sounds so easy to follow step one, step two, but the reality is this business doesn't work that way. There are countless choices of how to make your site your own, which is part of why this is so much fun. Enjoy the process!
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

ABW Ambassador
    Affiliate marketing is like any other start-up. You may find good resources about the "Hows", how to create a website, how to join a network, how to work with datafeeds etc. Nowhere will you find answers about the "Whats", what to promote, what will be your niche, what will be your USP(unique selling proposition). And those whats are your thousand, ten-thousand or million dollar questions.

The best answer I have got on the 'whats' is, find a problem that you can solve better than others or a problem that hasn't been solved yet. The bigger and wider the problem is, the better the chance of success. Don't jump in, unless you have identified a problem to solve.

Thank you so much JCrooks for sharing and for your meaningful and thoughtful remarks! I couldn't agree with you more! I have learned much but I am still at the point where I can't quite pull it all together so it is a touch frustrating for me. At this point, I am thinking that I may never secure all of the loose ends but should just jump into the water hoping to find a gold nugget or two. Thank you also for clearing up the matter regarding a website or blog. I love humanity so much but I am admittedly a bit of an introvert preferring solitude and reflection. I suppose I will need to get over that quickly. Back to the drawing board! Kindest regards JCrooks.

Thank you sam_park! Precisely. Your comments are spot on. Therein lies the difficulty factor; i.e. solving a problem better or not yet solved by others. Thank you again sam_park for the benefit of your insight. Kindest regards.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread