Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi there:

We have been running an pretty successful affiliate program with CJ over the last few months and would like to see if any of our current (or future) affiliates are frequenting this board. If so, please let us have some feedback as to what we could do better to make you and us more successful.

We're already offering a $60 payout plus incentive program so we don't necessarily want to just bump the $$$ up. Any ideas and all feedback are welcome.

Thanks,
    Mike

Globat.com
    Web Hosting Made Easy®
    300MB, 30GB Transfer, $7.50/mo.

Hi Mike and welcome to ABW.

You will find many globat affiliates here, me for one. Look forward to hearing more from you.

ABW Ambassador
    Glad to see you here Mike,

I don't know what you could do more than you've already done. I don't think you need telling about how C O M P E T E T I V E the hosting biz iz . . eh? What can a hosting company do that the next one won't immediately immitate?

Brian
    aka Cyclone

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room~!

Hello Mike,

It would be nice to be notified when there are changes made to your plans.

Brian

Compare prices and features of over 60 different web hosting plans.
    http://www.IceIsHot.com

Hello,

Until now, I have sold two Globat hosting plans.

Som
    http://www.kreatiweb.com

Curious about recent Globat info?
    I've seen a wide range of comments on ABW about Globat -- some folks claim that all (or nearly all) transactions are reversed (including some that affiliates set up themselves, which they knew had not been cancelled). Other folks seemed happy.

How has Globat been lately?

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Mike, and welcome to ABW. Glad to have you here to answer a few questions.

Let's talk about LivePerson.

Quote Originally Posted by webworker
    Hi Mike, and welcome to ABW. Glad to have you here to answer a few questions.

Let's talk about LivePerson.
    Hi webworker,

Did you noticed the date of this thread? March 11th, 2003

ABW Ambassador
    Hi, Mr. S!

I noticed it currently active - and that tim-store posted today, but that's as far as I looked date-wise. But I was interested because I'd been looking at globat - so I did a little checking around at the site.

The point I brought up about LP is a current issue, so I figured if the thread can still be bumped, then it's a valid issue for current discussion.

globat is no longer the contact for them it's Scott ABW username saiver I'll PM him a link to the thread for ya Webworker - I'd like to know what he has to say!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

What's LivePerson?

ABW Ambassador
    Thank you, Haiko.

Here ya go, ticketguyz:

LivePerson

Haiko et al,

Yeah, Mike's posting's quite old indeed. Mike used to be our Quality Assurance Manager at Globat.com and he recently retired to Oregon... ;-) Makes me realize that Globat's actually been around for quite while by now.

In eny event, I'm Scott and along with Chris, Bayard, Paul, and Elizabeth we're taking care of all the Globat Affiliates that are participating in our In-House program and through CJ.

Any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Elizabeth, Paul or myself at (877) 2-GLOBAT (hit "0" and ask for us) or email us at affiliatedesk@globat.com.

Cheers,
    Scott
    www.globat.com

ABW Ambassador
    Hello Scott, actually I didn't personally go to the site as an affiliate, I went as a potential customer because I've been looking around for another hosting company. Basically, from a customer or webmaster perspective there was not enough information on the site to be able to make an informed buying decision, so naturally what any webmaster would have to do is go beyond the site - as you say, either to email or telephone or click on the link to get some help for additional information.

For example, I had a question about IP numbers. The salesperson in the LivePerson window told me that Globat doesn't use IP numbers, that they use nameservers - and asked me if that's OK. So I had to explain about what IP numbers were, since generally salespersons/telemarketers only have limited information about the core product, which seemed to have been the case.

I saved the transcript, BTW, in case I want to review the conversation and information when I'm looking for hosting again or when I'm looking for hosting affiliate programs to sign up with.

Getting back on course, from an affiliate perspective, is there tracking for telephone orders? And more importantly, how about LivePerson?

Hey Scott
    Just sig'ed up for the programme. However, as per tim-store's enquiry could you give an idea of the overall % reversals that happen?
    I haven't put up the banners yet, hope to do so soon

Affiliate4all,

Reversal percentages are very much depending on how an individual affiliate markets our products. The vast majority of our affiliates (which only produce 1-3 sales/month) have no reversals at all. More aggressive marketers see around 5%, while our power affiliates can go as high as 10+%. That, however, is mainly due to their much larger referral volume and therefore a naturally higher fraud percentage. Web developers also tend to have a much lower reversal number as they usually "know" their customers.

Hope that helps.
    Scott
    www.globat.com

webworker,

Our tracking for phone orders has been spotty in the past. It was hard to find a reliable solution. Now we have started implementing custom 800 numbers for our power affiliates, which makes it very simple and reliable to track these referrals. As far as LivePerson chat goes, the customer is usually referred to our online order form, which tracks the appropriate affiliate cookie.

However, it might be interesting to note that less than 8% of our sales come through phone or chat. The vast majority goes directly through our online order system.

Scott
    www.globat.com

Lightbulb
    >>>As far as LivePerson chat goes, the customer is usually referred to our online order form, which tracks the appropriate affiliate cookie.<<<

and is that LivePerson person on commission?

Herb,

Yes, the Livechat seat is staffed with a sales rep and they get commissioned on each sale.

Scott
    www.globat.com

Internet Cowboy
    As far as LivePerson chat goes, the customer is usually referred to our online order form, which tracks the appropriate affiliate cookie.
    Yes, the Livechat seat is staffed with a sales rep and they get commissioned on each sale.
    And they "usually" let the customer make the purchase through the cart with no pressure, tricks or games to get the order for themselves? If this is the case you need new salespeople manning your Livechat. They are there to close sales. If they let the customer order through the cart, they have not done their job.

Scott, with all due respect, making statements like this to your affiliates makes it look like you think they are stupid!

what scooter said!!! so much nicer than what I was typing I should add.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

ABW Ambassador
    They will guide through the order form step by step.

Hisname: Free Domain Name with purchase of new plan and free bonus
    month too!!
    Hisname: Gigabyte= $4.95 x 12 months + $19.95 set up fees = $79.35 = 1
    year hosting
    Hisname: For free bonus month, erase contents in coupon code box and
    retype hisname1 for all
    Hisname: website offerings ++ free bonus month
    And then again, to be certain

Hisname: For free bonus month, erase contents in coupon code box and
    retype hisname1 for all
    Hisname: website offerings ++ free bonus month
    Hisname: are you considering signing up now
    Hisname: i will guide you if you like
    Hisname: access the order pages....3 steps then done
    Myname: ok.. what happens if I came from an affiliate site - wouldnt
    that erase the affiliate's coupon code?
    Hisname: if it is in the coupon code box....then you must decide

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    Thats pretty friggin scandalous....

Now for the real test as to whether Globat is legit... let's see what they do with LivePerson... I wouldn't be surprised if they were attempting to circumvent the 30% upcharge by CJ on affiliate commissions... that makes their total payout $90 + 27 to CJ on each referral... quite a temptation to go a cheaper route (who knows what LP charges though).

Internet Cowboy
    -Hisname: For free bonus month, erase contents in coupon code box and
    retype hisname1 for all
    -Hisname: For free bonus month, erase contents in coupon code box and
    retype hisname1 for all
    ???
    We await your comments Scott.

CJ is gettin' hosed on this too. Care to comment Todd?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast