Thinking of a company slogan
    This is probably the best place to post this random question.

In the following example: "your best source for ____________", does it make more sense to say "smarter shopping" or "shopping smarter"? This will be for a deals/coupon site

Yet another deal/coupon site...............
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Outsourced Program Manager John Jupp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soybean View Post

In the following example: "your best source for ____________", does it make more sense to say "smarter shopping" or "shopping smarter"? This will be for a deals/coupon site
    Neither.

I'd go with "making your dollar go further"
    Flambi Media Limited - USA/UK/EU Affiliate Management Expertise

4. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by kse View Post
    if you have nothing valuable to contribute then keep your comments to yourself. We're all here to learn or contribute. Just because you've been here for quite a long time you think you're better than others?

I call it a deal/coupon site because pretty much any site that carries any/some coupons constitutes it as a deal/coupon site. If you run a blog and run some coupons, then you're associated with coupons.

Quote Originally Posted by John Jupp View Post
    Neither.

I'd go with "making your dollar go further"
    Thanks John. I feel like have heard it somewhere before.

if you have nothing valuable to contribute then keep your comments to yourself. We're all here to learn or contribute. Just because you've been here for quite a long time you think you're better than others?

I call it a deal/coupon site because pretty much any site that carries any/some coupons constitutes it as a deal/coupon site. If you run a blog and run some coupons, then you're associated with coupons.
    I did give you a valuable contribution to your post, you just did not pick up on it. Anyway post back here in 2 years and let us know how the site is doing.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

I did give you a valuable contribution to your post, you just did not pick up on it. Anyway post back here in 2 years and let us know how the site is doing.
    yes.. coupon sites are a dime a dozen. What's new? I posted a simple question about a company slogan suggestion, and you somehow derail it and bring up the old "too many coupon/deal sites" topic. That is truly pathetic on your part. You don't even know me or my project.

You sound like you run a coupon site yourself but at the same time you also sound bitter towards new coupon/deal site startups. Since you sound confident, do you care to share the URL to your best performing deal/coupon site? Take CouponsDaily for example, they started last year and are performing quite well at the moment in terms of traffic. Would you have berated them in the same way if they had came onto ABestWeb last year to ask for any suggestions?

Chuck, I apologize for this rudeness and I acknowledge that I am still new here, but I don't appreciate members like KSE adding useless repetitive posts that are off topic.

9. Thanks From:

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Either one would work, but they don't really stick out to me. Which is okay, everyone has a different perspective. Between those two only, I like "shopping smarter". I have a tendency to make taglines as brief as possible, but still convey an advantage to using my site. Like, "Shop Smarter, Faster." You could do the old switcharoo, "Smart Shoppers Shop Smarter", or some modification of your site name. Good luck.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

11. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas A. Rice View Post
    Either one would work, but they don't really stick out to me. Which is okay, everyone has a different perspective. Between those two only, I like "shopping smarter". I have a tendency to make taglines as brief as possible, but still convey an advantage to using my site. Like, "Shop Smarter, Faster." You could do the old switcharoo, "Smart Shoppers Shop Smarter", or some modification of your site name. Good luck.
    Thanks Thomas, that is an interesting perspective.

...You sound like you run a coupon site yourself but at the same time you also sound bitter towards new coupon/deal site startups....
    Nope I do not have a coupon site and I would never think of setting one up, they mostly rip off merchants and other affiliates. Also merchants have started to get rid of coupon affiliates or only pay them a small percentage of the regular commission rate. I had two merchants last week alone drop the commission rate for coupon affiliates to 20% of the normal commission paid to other affiliates and I now seeing these cuts almost weekly but since I not a coupon site I am not effected.

Anyway this is my last post in this thread, since I did go off topic.

Your posts are laughable. Seriously, I can't believe how pathetic you are to come in here and jack my thread. Take a step back and analyze how pathetic your responses are:

Thanks for your sarcasm, but you don't know me nor did you even contribute anything useful towards the original post.

What's so valuable about your sarcastic response? To a newbie, it may sound like a riddle. I picked up on it because I have frequented this forum many months before signing up, and I know all about the conflicts between coupon publishers and other types of publishers. Why are you such a bigot?

Nope I do not have a coupon site and I would never think of setting one up, they mostly rip off merchants and other affiliates. Also merchants have started to get rid of coupon affiliates or only pay them a small percentage of the regular commission rate. I had two merchants last week alone drop the commission rate for coupon affiliates to 20% of the normal commission paid to other affiliates and I now seeing these cuts almost weekly but since I not a coupon site I am not effected.

Anyway this is my last post in this thread, since I did go off topic.
    Wow, thanks for the unnecessary walk-through about coupon sites. Again, you do not know about my project. Three posts and none of them had anything to do with my original post. You truly were pathetic from beginning to the end, and you still tried to justify your actions by explaining why you hate coupon sites. Not even an apology for acting like a jerk and derailing my thread? Instead, you quietly exit the thread by saying it will be your last post. LOL... what a loser.
    Last edited by soybean; February 24th, 2014 at 12:21 PM.

Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

"Smarter shopping" would be my choice.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

17. Thanks From:

Outsourced Program Manager Rick - Bitcom's Avatar
    I prefer to think of it as a "catch phrase" rather than a slogan... because you're trying to catch someone's attention. To do that you need to add the benefit, the What's In It For Them (WIIFT), of your business. If it's a coupon type site than something like "Your source for uncommon coupons" or "The source for devilish deals" (then a devil could be your mascot.

Need to know more about your value proposition to do better.

Shopping Smarter is just too obvious and un-engaging IMHO.

Sounds like a prime candidate for that old chestnut, split testing.
    I've never done it myself, not sure if you're set up for it technically, but something to consider.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread