Most profitable countries
    What are your top 5 countries for total revenue?

I focus exclusively on the UK market.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Try reaching out to the network reps active on this forum.

3. Thanks From:

Outsourced Program Manager John Jupp's Avatar
    Always remember the US is six times the demographic but there are two big negatives. Many in-house affiliate managers in the US are completely unaware of something called the Internet and that you can be in a completely different country and still promote to the US. So don't be surprised if you get a lot of declines to apply. The second negative is that you have to use that anarchic form of English (US English), the one that Microsoft powered PC's and Laptops etc come preloaded with. I mean have they not heard of proper English? So to ensure the average consumer can understand, populate your site with US spellings.

If you are in accounting and get the opportunity to do some double entry book keeping in the US, don't ask your Supervisor for a rubber. They wouldn't understand. As for dining out, don't ever ask for Spotted Dick.

Other confusions come from dancing, when an American may encourage you to shake your fanny, when in fact they meant your rear, which we call bum, but bum in the US means a Tramp in the UK, which means a Hooker in the US, which means a particular Rugby Player in the Scrum in the UK. Now if you wanted to shake that Hooker, don't be surprised if you get a black eye and a good kicking, but you get my drift. The former Colonials just do not understand Her Britannic Majesty's English.
    Flambi Media Limited - USA/UK/EU Affiliate Management Expertise

I only know Spotted Dick because we had a film screening on a British film and that was one of the giveaways.

My fopa was in Cape Town asking the teenage cashier in a cafeteria for a napkin. Emotionally scarred her for life.

The former Colonials just do not understand Her Britannic Majesty's English.
    "Colonials" now them's fightin words (just watched The Patriot for the 10th time)!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    "Colonials" now them's fightin words (just watched The Patriot for the 10th time)!!
    Which is why dear Chuck (in my very best patronising (note I didn't use a Z Microsoft), namely treating with kindness whilst portraying a feeling of superiority, English tone), the UK affiliate market although facing a lesser consumer demographic, is far greater numerically than the US for affiliate online sales.

However the "hero" of The Patriot once fought for the English against the French, so we'll have to set aside our cultural differences for a short period and go and rescue the Ukrainians. It would appear our Governments signed a Treaty to that very effect. Treaty would mean 'British war with Russia' if Putin's troops intervene in Ukraine | Mail Online

There was a thread about dodgy survival equipment not long ago. Maybe it's time to promote that before the End is truly Nigh.

Oh my goodness Chuck, what a faux pas. Asking of all things for a Napkin when one must always request a Serviette.

I was horrified when I understood what it meant in a true English speaking country.

Should we spin off a Ukraine discussion thread? Have been having side conversations about that all week.

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    So many bespoke suggestions!
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Yes Chuck we should and my apologies for hijacking the thread. So, survivalist affiliate programs, especially to the US which has a massive market. Just ask for very prompt payment in case you don't have much time to spend the profits.

12. Thanks From:

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Seems like most of the international affiliates I work with focus on the UK and US as their two top markets. John's points about the difference in language are true - the US market is very sensitive to the differences in syntax and spelling, so if you choose to target that market, make sure that someone born in the US reviews what you do.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread