Notification Bars
    I just learned about "notification bars" that are javascripts that you place on your site and it displays a bar with your message and a link (such as HelloBar, FooBar). You can either direct them to a section you want to especially promote on your site, or could put in an affiliate link.

It's placing a line of code on your site, but this isn't anything a visitor could install on their browser.

So would these be considered toolbars by networks/merchants/AMs?
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

Good Question for Kellie.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

I forgot that SAS still offers "license plate links" which do include embedded aff links and displays a bar at the top with optional social toolbar. Used to use them, removed them a long time ago.
    ShareASale's license plate links allow you to have customized shortened URLs for all of your favorite social networking needs. License plate links also come with the optional social toolbar that is designed to help users share your links in a viral manner. There are two ways to create license plate links. The first is via the Custom Link Tool, where you have the option to create a license plate link for any custom link that you generate. This tool creates the shortest possible link, and can include imbedded Affiliate Defined Tracking information.
    So I'm thinking these "notification bars" are the same type of thing.

Technically speaking, any of us could create a php or javascript with a display bar to direct visitors to a sale section, etc. My concern is that this is using an outside resource to create such a display bar within your site.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread