Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Is Linkshare down???
    I try to log in it does not recognize my username password

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Not down - they just jacked up their login page...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Jacked up means they stole our password??????????????
    Hopefully it is still encrypted

No - had to hit "login again" and enter the username and password manually...

what does "jacked up" mean?? Now the link to log in is broken.

"Jacked up" is just that - the link to the login page goes to "successfully logged out" page - on that page is a "login again" link. Click on it and re-enter your info...

This is all I get when I click onm the "Log in" link nothing to click on

Invalid URL

The requested URL "/usloginbutton", is invalid.
    Reference #9.9b81cb8.1393568337.983263e

Could you please send me the link to log in again?

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    The first time I had this come up a day or two ago it did not recognize my password and I had to reset it.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

10. Thanks From:

Thank you @affiliatehound it finally worked!!

I can't figure out how to log in either. I don't see a login again option. Could someone please send me the link, too? Thank you!
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

leeann even the log in again doe not work you must go in and say forgot password then wait to receive the e-mail and reset your password to something different. Only then will it let you log in again.

ABW Ambassador
    I can't login even using the link that AffiliateHound posted. I tried to use the forgot password method but I never even received an email from it (yes, I check my junk folder). Clueless, guess I'll try again later.

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound View Post
    The first time I had this come up a day or two ago it did not recognize my password and I had to reset it.
    I had to do the same thing
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Affiliate Manager
    It looks like LS changed their login landing page. But username/passwords did not change. You can still get to the login page from Affiliate Programs - LinkShare and click on the LOGIN button on the top right.

If you had previously bookmarked the login page, that is what may be giving you difficulty.

I can confirm the login interface page is new for both publisher and advertiser.

HOWEVER -- they did not reset passwords. Try going to LS homepage, click the login button, and add the new login landing page to your bookmarks.

ALSO -- different browsers do a better/worse job of remembering who you are... as an advertiser, I use the publisher account for testing -- so I am constantly clearing my cookies. So on any given day I will have to input my password more than once. But I segregate all publisher (anything that may set a cookie) activity to one browser, and all advertiser activity to another.

I don't think there is anything broken from LinkShare's side. It looks like they are trying to pretty it up, and bring the interface into the 21st century (it had looked like 1997 until today!)

Just because you didn't have to reset your password doesn't mean other people don't have to. Do you really thing people aren't smart enough to go to the homepage? I always go to the homepage and click the red login button to login. Yesterday it didn't let me login and I had to reset my password. Then I just tried to login in again today, and it won't let me. There must be a big lack of good programmers and oversight, all these networks are making buggy sites go live before testing.

19. Thanks From:
    kse

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by shimmy View Post
    Do you really thing people aren't smart enough to go to the homepage?
    Well, yes.

As the IT manager for our store, I have seen what would otherwise be obvious interface elements to you or me, totally overlooked by smart, college educated customers.

Your point about testing is probably on-the-money, and I would imagine a company as large as LS does not (should not) make any interface changes without a large team of highly (over?) paid managers approving what could be done by one person in a few minutes.

Having been on the inside of the login security for our store, changing the interface *should* have no impact on the user database, unless the coder is reinventing things.

Wiping cookies and trying to login from the home page button should be enough, unless the LS coder was trying to be (too)clever.

Affiliate Manager
    PS -- LS users may not remember that their login username MUST contain UPPER and lowercase letters -- in my opinion, the username is not the place for tricky mnemonics. I was always annoyed that LS username was constrained to 10 characters and forcing the UPPER/Lower. In the name of security? Not really.

Said one mother to her friend: "Look! My kid, LinkShare is marching in the parade! He's the only one in-step!"

Quote Originally Posted by carpeperdiem View Post
    PS -- LS users may not remember that their login username MUST contain UPPER and lowercase letters --
    That not correct, you must be talking about their password
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Our username contains uppper AND lower case - does not work if we enter in only lower case.

Our password is all upper case with numbers...

I guess my account is old since my userid is all in lowercase and in fact so in my new password I had to setup yesterday after I could not log on!!

Don't remember what the requirements were, but have had this username with LinkShare forever...

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hello All,

As you have noticed, we recently made a change to our login page. All existing username and passwords should stay the same and they are still encrypted within our databases. As a general reminder, a Rakuten LinkShare username can be up to 12 alphanumeric characters with no spaces and passwords must be within 8-12 characters with at least two numbers and two letters.

If you are having difficulty logging in we ask that you please make sure your username and password follow the criteria mentioned above. If you are still unable to login, please try and reset your password. This should resolve most concerns however if you are still having problems logging in please don't hesitate to contact our Publisher Support team who can investigate/escalate internally.

You can contact the Publisher Support team via the methods listed on this help center page.

LinkShare Publisher Help Center :: What is the best way to contact LinkShare?

--Ranae

27. Thanks From:
    kse

Affiliate Manager
    Sounds like username/password is a moving target.

I have two publisher accounts -- one from 2006 and one from 2013. The 2006 username is all lowercase. The 2013 login required at least one UPPER.

When I created my advertiser account in 2013, the account manager created my username with lower/UPPER and I asked if it could be changed -- he said no. It is was also constrained to maximum 10 characters. Now it looks like it's 12 characters for new accounts.

Moving target?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast