ABW Ambassador
    Question How to Get a Particular Merchants Datafeed???
    So I login to Linkshare, click the website I want to use. Then I find the merchant, look all around in advertiser info and links section, then go to the datafeed section, try the Web services section and NOTHING can be seen on how to get their datafeed onto the Linkshare FTP?

Just to confirm I have created a token for the website. I have FTP access and can see other datafeeds ( I mean lots of numbers and a big mess). I can not see this merchants number in my FTP. They do have a datafeed according to the list Linkshare provides to see which merchants have a datafeed.

Or do I need to have them create a special FTP login just for that website and is that why I'm not seeing their datafeed?
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

I'm finding that some merchants are saying they have a datafeed before it's actually available for download.
    I've had one I'm sure of has been close to a month now. That might be what is happening in your case also.
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

3. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    well they should have a datafeed as they have been with Linkshare for sometime.

Surly some affiliate must know ?
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

ABW Ambassador
    Well to answer my own question, you need FTP access for each website and that is why I could not see their datafeed in my main FTP site. You also need to email LS for each site you want FTP access for, talk about "behind the times"...

Yep, that is very true.
    We had to have merchandiser setup for each channel also.

ABW Ambassador
    I emailed them and asked for FTP access for my website but this time they are not going to make it easy, this is what they requested before they will let me have FTP access. I have another 50 websites, but I think I will be keeping my websites on Linkshare limited since it's such a pain in the ass to do anything on Linkshare now including having FTP access:

I understand you want to create an FTP account for your Site ID (my site ID). Please provide the below mentioned details so that I can create an FTP account for your (my site ID).

• Rakuten LinkShare username
    • Site ID (this appears in the Publisher Dashboard, top right)
    • Channel name
    • Site URL
    • Name, address, and phone number
    • Email address
    All of this information was provided in my first email, what a stupid network this is.....
    Hi, you actually had all this information, is there any reason you need it again and when will you have it automated so we don't have to manually write emails for each website we want FTP access for, anyway I will provide these details again:

The best way to do that I found is to create a template email and modify that one email for each channel that you want to setup for FTP access to the merchandiser. I don't think having 50 channels would be any fun at all...Good Luck.

9. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    I managed to find the Templates in thunderbird, using them now...

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread