Affiliate Manager
    Does cookie "reset" after conversion?
    Question re: life of SAS cookie:

If customer clicks affiliate link and there is a successful conversion, does the cookie reset after the conversion?

If the cookie duration is 60-days, and customer has a transaction (conversion) on day 1 -- if the customer returns to merchant on day 7, is the cookie still active?

We are (new) merchants on SAS and I noticed a customer from an affiliate click (conversion) from a week ago returned to our store and made another order. I would never have noticed this except the ship-to address was unique. We have countless customers who buy an item, then come back for more the day they receive their first order -- it's part of our company's success.

Of course, customer could have used a different browser or computer or device, or purged cookies, so there are many possible explanations...

Just wondering.

Thanks,
    J

Affiliate Manager Kush@VMInnovations's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carpeperdiem View Post
    Question re: life of SAS cookie:

If customer clicks affiliate link and there is a successful conversion, does the cookie reset after the conversion?

If the cookie duration is 60-days, and customer has a transaction (conversion) on day 1 -- if the customer returns to merchant on day 7, is the cookie still active?

We are (new) merchants on SAS and I noticed a customer from an affiliate click (conversion) from a week ago returned to our store and made another order. I would never have noticed this except the ship-to address was unique. We have countless customers who buy an item, then come back for more the day they receive their first order -- it's part of our company's success.

Of course, customer could have used a different browser or computer or device, or purged cookies, so there are many possible explanations...

Just wondering.

Thanks,
    J
    Cookie doesn't reset, if your cookie duration is 60 days affiliate partner will earn commissions for all sales that took place during the 60 days since the last cookie was set.

"If the customer returns to merchant on day 7, is the cookie still active?" Yes.

3. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager
    Thx.
    ah -- back to my google analytics questions from yesterday. LOL. :-) It appears to all be related. I think I need to learn more about tag management and exploiting the tracking tools.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Carpeperdiem,

I would highly recommend opening a ticket for support within your account. It sounds like, if you are using tag management tools and such, that you'll want to make sure that our tech teams helps you setup properly so that you track orders properly to the Affiliates that refer you business.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

6. Thanks From:

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread