how much money can i make
    i'm going to open a blog next week and put in an affiliate program to amazon's books, same subject as the blog.
    i'd had a blog in wordpress.com but closed it because they dont allow to monitize their blogs much and there are restrictions, but when i had the blog, i had about a thousand visitors a month, in the third month.
    so, what i would like to know is, how much money can i expect to make? even a couple of hundreds a month will do. i'd settle for pocket money, because i won't spend money on the blog beside domain name and hosting, which isnt much.

Lightbulb
    Fair warning: most new affiliates and many many older ones don't make hosting costs in the Amazon.com affiliate program. It is possible, though, to make a user friendly site that will show income in time.

3. Thanks From:

So, if you sell between 7 and 30 books a month, you will earn a 6% commission rate. Say the 1,000 people that come in are interested in a particular book you blogged about and you do a decent job of upselling it (in an honest way of course). Then maybe you will get a 1% conversion rate. So 10 books sold. With an average hardcover price of roughly $16 bucks, you will earn $9.60 a month.

Now, if you excel at promoting yourself and your blog, invite controversy, get mentions on major websites, and are very pro-active with your "look at me" PR, then of course you can make much, much more. Its a lot of hard work and can take some time to payoff.

5. Thanks From:

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    This is one industry where your hard work is a large factor in your success. If it's a blog, post regularly on topics people are searching for, pay attention to your metrics, choose your merchants wisely, and you can do well. This forum is filled with info on best practices to help you through the process.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

7. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Excellent responses!

Quote Originally Posted by JCrooks - AffiliateWindow View Post
    This is one industry where your hard work is a large factor in your success. If it's a blog, post regularly on topics people are searching for, pay attention to your metrics, choose your merchants wisely, and you can do well. This forum is filled with info on best practices to help you through the process.
    TRUE!!!!

Amazon commission earnings may be slow in the beginning but they pick up in the course of time. This is true of books as well. The key is 'patience'.

Affiliate Manager
    Focus a lot of time and energy on getting your new blog content built up. Amazon's affiliate program will rarely accept new affiliate sites that are not well-established. It's important to get a lot of solid content and loyal visitors. Putting up a new blog with 1 or 2 articles and a bunch of affiliate links will not only get you not accepted into the Amazon program, but it will drive away a lot of new visitors who visit the site, see nothing but ads and little to no content, and never bother returning. As the others have said -- patience and hard work are key.

1,000 visits per month isn't a flood of traffic, but it's enough to make a few bucks here and there. And there's always room to grow. My advice would be to promote other affiliate programs in addition to Amazon. I'll go out on a limb and assume that your blog is cat-related; there's a huge market for pet products and plenty of affiliate programs offering them.... premium foods, cat furniture, medicines, gift items for cat lovers, etc.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

hmmm, try to buy a domain and hosting to make a "real" site

great answers. it took me a year to earn $100 with a website that has around 100 visitors daily. it came from google adsensegreat answers. it took me a year to earn $100 with a website that has around 100 visitors daily. it came from google adsense

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    You earned $100 but how much did you spend on AdWords?
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; July 24th, 2014 at 12:48 PM.

all my traffic is from search engine. I didn't spend money on adwords.

And what happened to my post above? it's broken. Can I edit it?

Quote Originally Posted by felines are superior View Post
    i'm going to open a blog next week and put in an affiliate program to amazon's books, same subject as the blog.
    so, what i would like to know is, how much money can i expect to make? i won't spend money on the blog beside domain name and hosting, which isnt much.
    I have my doubts buddy - if you spend all your money JUST on hosting and the domain name, how will visitors find your site? I would forget traffic from SEO as this takes months and a lot of time (besides, you won't even know which keywords to optimize your site for) and the blind acts of faith that someone will eventually turn up if you just let it mature.

In a nutshell, you need to spend money (cash, resources, your own time) on getting traffic. Period! The fastest way is PPC, easily scalable and a quick test to find good keywords won't cost much.

In terms of profitability with amazon products, I would say the margins are quite slim. If you aren't prepared to spend money on traffic, your chances of making any kind of profit are even slimmer. It really takes money or your own sweat to make money I'm afraid.

Hope that helps.
    Nick

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread