The Basics.
    1. How does affiliate marketing work with social platforms, ie. what is the traffic's route? Two examples for easier understanding:

Lets say there is a website weightloss.com that is a landing page for a product I'm promoting. I would want to direct traffic to that site.

So, I join Facebook groups about weight loss and post my affiliate links leading to weightloss.com.

O I could create a group/site on facebook.com/wieghtloss that gets popular and in there I post my affiliate links leading to weightloss.com.

2. What is the status of affiliate links permissions on social sites? I imagine it's a bit more complicated than waltzing in and spamming links to product landing pages.

3. Are these (join big "groups" and post links/create popular groups and promote) the only ways to get relevant traffic to landing pages?

Hmm, over 30 views and nor replies. Talk about no ROI

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    This has been discussed in this sub forum so you will need to read deeper. The answer is that Facebook as well as most social platforms discourage affiliate links so read their policies. Affiliate report in yearly surveys that Facebook is their number one source of traffic (Affstat) but they link the social post back to their site.

Outsourced Program Manager Rick - Bitcom's Avatar
    The thing to remember is that on all Social Media platforms you are networking, not selling. As long as you are willing to participate and offer something of value to others, you may begin to make connections. The thing with networking is "givers gain"... takers get tossed.

So the "click path" would be to have some interesting, helpful content on your website (not strictly sales stuff) and post links to that content on Facebook and LinkedIn and Twitter... or wherever appropriate. The best thing to do is find Groups that are in the niche and may have the problem you can solve on your site. Then participate and be helpful. It does take time but the traffic will be more qualified than just trying to sell on a personal page.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread