ABW Ambassador
    Exclamation Linkshare confirm No way to Unsubscribe to Private Offers Emails
    I continue to have my email bombarded with at least 3 or 4 emails and usually every day from NORDSTROM.com about private offers.

The tttile is: "NORDSTROM.com You have been selected for a Private Special Offer"

I got tired of it and wrote to Linkshare several times and my last email shows my frustration with these bastads:

Please stop sending me these damn emails. My mail box is constantly
    clogged up from these offers. I have unsubscribed and complained about
    this for a long time PLEASE STOP SENDING THESE OFFERS.

YOU NEED TO GIVE US A WAY TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM UNWANTED EMAILS. IT IS ACTUALLY ILLEGAL TO DO THIS. I have already unsubscribed from emails
    like this in Linkshare so this is now SPAM.

STOP IT!!!!!!
    There response today:

Thank you for your email!

I understand that you are receiving the email from Nordstrom.com. Upon checking, I see that you have also unsubscribed from the email preferences. Please be advised that as you in an affiliate relationship with this advertiser, you will receive the private and special emails from this advertisers.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused to you. Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Regards,

Toral Patel
    Rakuten LinkShare Support

Want to provide feedback about this inquiry?
    Here is a screenshot of my email box just before, even showing 3 more of these damn emails come straight after the Linkshare reply:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by glittered; March 17th, 2014 at 05:50 PM.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

I get them too, but I like getting them because they usually signify a 3% or greater commission bump for certain categories. I've found that it is my best interest to accept each one of them ASAP.

Now... Nordstrom sends out so many special offers that they should figure out a way to combine them into one information e-mail and also opt us in by default.

3. Thanks From:

I've just recently been getting them and it does mess up my usual over-flow order in my email, but it's worth the percentage hike, especially when you consider how one dress at Nordstrom could sell for over $3,000.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by glittered View Post
    I continue to have my email bombarded with at least 3 or 4 emails and usually every day from NORDSTROM.com about private offers.
    Do you have "channels" set up for each of your sites? I receive multiple emails because of the stupid "channels" setting they required for each sites.

I'm tired of receiving duplicate emails daily from LS merchants, private offers plus regular newsletters...drives me crazy. I have asked them to get rid of "channels" and assign different PIDs to each sites instead like CJ does so the payment and emails will be consolidated into one. They just don't get it.

6. Thanks From:

I'm tired of the same one's pushing private offers, I setup a spam folder on each channel and move their emails there. And if I haven't accepted their private offer in the first 5 tries, you'd think that AM would get the hint "ITS NOT GONNA HAPPEN EVER"
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

8. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by leeann View Post
    I've just recently been getting them and it does mess up my usual over-flow order in my email, but it's worth the percentage hike, especially when you consider how one dress at Nordstrom could sell for over $3,000.
    Yeah I probably have to promote them more soon on some suitable sites as they probably are good for sales.

I think the idea about making a spam folder might be a good idea as yeah I get them for each website I have them on too.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread