ABW Ambassador
    Exclamation Question on how to use SAS Datafeeds
    I just wrote a similar message ticket to support:

CyberCucina.com - The link is not currently active in Datafeed

Hi, I have just spent several hours implementing the CyberCucina.com datafeed onto my website to only find the products I have now go to an error page:

The link is not currently active.

There are a number of reasons that you may have received this message. The most common is that the merchant who was advertising is temporarily not-actively promoting that program. If, however, you feel you have reached this page in error, please let us know. Shareasale.com does not tolerate or send any SPAM mail to anyone. If you feel you have been targeted by a SPAM message, we would appreciate if you could forward the message to us at abuse at shareasale.com.

Shareasale.com manages the relationships between advertisers and affiliates, which is why you were directed to our site. Since the link that you clicked is not currently active, you were not redirected to the site.

If you are a new affiliate, your links will not be active until Shareasale.com gets a chance to review your account - you will receive an email when your account is approved and links are activated. This process generally takes around 24 business hours.

The feed is recently updated and merchant is online so what is happening?

Here is an example page on my website: (my website)
    Should I continue on and bother with merchants on Shareasale with datafeeds or can I expect broken links like this as normal?
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Many merchants do not have the resources or education to properly build and maintain a datafeed. Even when pushed by savvy managers or OPMs, the datafeed is the most neglected part of affiliate programs.

All we can do is keep trying.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

3. Thanks From:

n/m
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    There's actually nothing wrong with the feed, or the Merchant on ShareASale. I've emailed you in response to your ticket as to what is wrong with your website causing this link not to work.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

6. Thanks From:

Chuck - or any moderator - maybe you could change the title of this thread to reflect something more accurate.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

Quote Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale View Post
    Chuck - or any moderator - maybe you could change the title of this thread to reflect something more accurate.
    Only original poster should be able to request a change in the title. Just my 2 cents worth.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

ABW Ambassador
    Hi, yeah I'm sorry it was my fault. When I realized I had to change the "YOURUSERID" part I then quickly went over to my promotional feed I download and as that is named after My ID I copied that number but I forgot it does not include the "a-" at the front of it duh! yes please change the title or even delete the thread if you like.

Edit: it was interesting to see I also done this with another merchant on SAS but the links still worked. I'm changing those too now...
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Did you not get a response from the support ticket? We've been using Cyber Cucina for many years without any problems.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Glittered,

A feed link won't work with the a- in the userID field ... not sure what you were testing but if you want to forward it to me please feel free (brian@shareasale.com).
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Changed title!

Thanks Chuck - and good seeing you in SF!!
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Sorry I didn't talk more, was trying to network, keep the biz going and prepare for my sessions.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread