New program manager looking for some data
    Hey all,

So I am setting up a new network for a client and that is all fine, I have most of the plan together and I am happy with how it's coming together BUT, like most clients, there is an expectation on forecasting growth...

So I am looking to the greater community to help with this one.. I am looking to see if anyone has any data, or can refer me to any data, where I may be able to get a bench mark of network growth in the travel sector.

Client is a reseller of short stay, top end villas within asia.

An outline of my plan:

Recruitment split between active and passive recruitment:
    Forum outreach
    Affiliate directories
    Social Media - Facebook, twitter @ linkedin
    Site outreach -contact based on Ranking, PR, traffic estimation, other services, competition
    Google Alerts to find bloggers who write about the topic and location
    PPC advertising - low spend
    Social Advertising - low spend
    Banner advertising on forums and sites related to affiliates

Commission: 4-8%
    Referral Period: 365 days
    Performance Incentives: YES

PLATFORM:
    Idevaffilate

MANAGEMENT AND ACTIVATION:
    Monthly newsletter (mailchimp)
    Constant communication with all affiliates through email, twitter and facebook
    Updates and information for specials, new collateral and holiday specials

COLLATERAL:
    Banners
    page Peels
    Light Boxes
    Text links
    PDF Documents
    Holiday/event specific collateral

Multiple marketing groups set up for location targeting
    Multiple marketing groups created for language targeting

and so on...

So, based on what I am planning, can anyone give me an indication on what would be a safe benchmark, I am not interested in wow numbers, just in experienced estimates.

Additionally, we have a full time AM on this.

Thanks in advance.

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Can the network provide you with any info? They should have some idea of how their affiliate base performs.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Commission: 4-8% - what is your competition paying?

Forum outreach - watch the spamming!

Affiliate directories - make that last.

Banner advertising on forums and sites related to affiliates - consider that sooner.

@jCrooks - The network is brand new (I am setting it up) so unfortunately there is nothing as yet.

@Chuck - the average sale is around $2400 USD - site is currently converting 3% on 40K traffic PM.

When I say forum outreach, it's more about coming to forums like these, spending a few months talking, sharing info and what I know/learn and then with some luck some talented people will make them selves known... There may be an initial thread started outlining the program and that, but yeah.. no intention of spamming..

You think the directories are low priority? the quality of applications will be low you think? or is there another negative from that?

I think that the banners will be a first step, places like abestweb, wickedfire et al.. (suggestions?) also, I'm sure that I will get a pm from the advertising manager here with the prices for banners and recommendations on placement...

However, its that growth data that I am really in need of....

When I say forum outreach, it's more about coming to forums like these, spending a few months talking, sharing info and what I know/learn and then with some luck some talented people will make them selves known... There may be an initial thread started outlining the program and that, but yeah.. no intention of spamming..
    You won't get PM or sig rights until you earn them. Try to build a reputation first.

I think that the banners will be a first step, places like abestweb, wickedfire et al.. (suggestions?) also, I'm sure that I will get a pm from the advertising manager here with the prices for banners and recommendations on placement...
    Wickedfire, hmmm!

I'm sure that I will get a pm from the advertising manager here with the prices for banners and recommendations on placement...
    Click the Advertising link at top, Advertising Manager isn't part of the community.

PM and Sig..... Everything good takes time, reputation is everything I agree...

Wickedfire.. I know... not that awesome, but need to get the word far and wide.

I am contacting the ad manager now, however... not part of the community? really...

I am contacting the ad manager now, however... not part of the community? really...
    Ya works on 12 properties, get it?

ahhh that makes sense... anyway, contact made

Thanks Chuck!

Wickedfire.. I know... not that awesome, but need to get the word far and wide.
    Black hat, is that were you want to hang your hat?

No sir. White hat all the way, however all good SEO's should be well versed in all methods.

Implementation on them, is where a personal work ethic comes in to it.

I find however black hat marketers are much more technical than White hat and sometimes you can pick up some very good information.

Additionally, it's good to know what is trending with the BH guys, as that gives you a very good indication on where the G concentrate it's efforts following.

Either way, no, I do not want shady partners, but I am only starting out in my recruitment efforts so.....

So no one?

No one can give any insight into their experience on building an In House Program?

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread