Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    I just ran SpyBot since I found a bunch of cookies from gator, xupiter, spylog, and a bunch more cr@p on my computer. They may have tried to get on, but they didn't succeed.

Anyway, when I checked for updates a new version of spybot was available. This new version has an immunization area now. It's in the main section where you run your scan. You can have it automatically block close to 200 spyware programs (i'm guessing the same programs it scans for). Although, spybot focuses more towards spyware, it also detects some parasiteware programs. It will also let you lock your host file, IE start page, and IE control panel from changes except those by the user.

Thought I'd pass it on...every bit of protection helps against these guys....

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

Uh oh...I set the blocking to prompt so I could see what all it catches. Seems they block LS and BF cookies. CJ cookies seem to be going through with the merchants I tested so far.

Don't know if you noticed or not.....<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>2003-03-26
    Trojan
    ++ LinkReplacer ++ ozexexc
    Hijacker
    ++ MSInfoSys ++ ShopNav ++ Inet Delivery ++ SiteHlpr ++ SecondPower ++ WindowsIE + UnderageHost + Xupiter.OrbitExplorer
    Spyware
    ++ Wishbone ++ Inet Delivery ++ ClientMan (aka iPend) ++ FreeScratchCards + C2.lop + INetSpeak + WurldMedia + VX2/e + OnePop + eBates + SaveNow<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ebates moe money thingy is in the "spyware" part of their list, so it should be removed when found.

I don't have a sacrificial PC at the moment to test that it does get removed though.

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.
    Rule of acquisition #80

yes..it removes ebates and savenow..i've used it to do so.

But be careful using it to remove ebates! Ebates tags a .dll file for MS virtual java machine under it's directory and it will remove that file. :oof:: no more using anything java. And with the MS suit, you can't just reinstall VM. I finally had to do a system roll back, then run spybot again being sure to uncheck that particular file.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread