OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Optimizing Google+
    Hooked it up a month ago on a tab on my Gmail but getting too many notifications. I tried muting those I didn't want to see daily posts from but that didn't do anything. Do I need to unfollow to cut these down? I do enjoy the posts from those I want to follow.

Frances Mary Krug
    This is a pretty good article on how Google + integrates with your web activity. Some of the tips in here will result in fewer posts showing up in your G+ stream. It's kind of a long read, but depending upon your situation, you might find ideas there.

How To Stop Google From Taking Over All Of Your Google

3. Thanks From:

Are you getting notifications from posts in Communities or from individual folks? If it's Communities, that's an easier thing to fix. If it's from people in general, you'll likely need to take more drastic measures, as they're selecting to send an e-mail notification with each post (annoying...).

For the Communities, make sure to go in and turn notifications off. You'll still see those posts in your stream, but won't receive the e-mail notifications. You'll still be able to see people respond on the posts you comment on, as well, as those will continue to go to the notification icon.
    [SIZE="2"][COLOR="DimGray"][B]Online Marketing Manager[/B] (tom.featherstone at surlatable dot com)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"]Sur La Table - The Art and Soul of Cooking[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Individuals. I have been on G+ for years but didn't look at it other then when I got a follower.

Ahh, I would suggest taking a deep dive into the g+ settings and making they line up with what you want. If your settings are such that a regular post by someone else doesn't send you a notification e-mail, then the people you're getting those from are ones that are selecting to notify everyone in that circle when they post. You'll need to reach out to them to request that they stop doing it, or you can remove them from your circles.
    [SIZE="2"][COLOR="DimGray"][B]Online Marketing Manager[/B] (tom.featherstone at surlatable dot com)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"]Sur La Table - The Art and Soul of Cooking[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I followed as a means to network but now an un-following to get rid of the spammy posts.

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    The spammy posts are a pain indeed, but The Google definitely takes a look at your activity there when determining SERPs. There's actually a whole science about setting up your profile. I'd rather use the other forms of social media, but if you want to rank, you've gotta include G+ now too.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

G+ that one Jeannine!

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread