The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    Angry Emails and replies
    From time to time, I get emails from people who want to do business with me or swap a link, message from merchant or something like that. I happen to be on and reply back. I expect a reply to my reply within a few minutes or worst an hour. But they reply back days later. I think that if you send out an email, you should expect a reply and that you should reply back when you get it.

I guess what I am saying is that if you don't have time to deal with the replies to emails then don't send them out until you are 1) ready to reply and 2) have a couple of hours set aside to reply.

i.e. say I am asking for a link exchange (something i rarely do these days) if someone says yes, I stop what I am doing and I link back (I also think the person who initiates the link exchange must link first!!!) and then reply that the link is in place. If you can't do this then don't waste my time. OK OK, I suppose if the person sending out the link requesting email can't make the link him/herself than there should be an email saying that, but that email must still be within a few minutes of receiving it.

If you are sending out emails the I expect you to sit there and wait at least an hour to see who responds to them immediately and handle those people in a very timely matter. Too many times, I get an email and respond immediately and don't get a reply for a day or 2 or more.
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

On something like the link exchange I can agree with you about a quick response, the other replies though maybe not so much. I work from home and I have small children. I have set hours for work, and I don't stop what I am doing with the kids or around the house because an email came in.

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    Why can't you schedule the times you send out email for a time when you can answer a reply. If you don't care enough about the answers that come, why should I care about answering you at all.

If I took the time to answer your email in a timely manner, shouldn't I expect to get a reply back (to something you initiated) in that same timely manner.
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread