how to get people to click?
    i have affiliate program with books on psychiatry, which is closely related to my blog's niche, and i write a post every three days. i have an ever changing click through rate, from 4% to 22%. but then i constantly change my links and the words i put before them, trying to convince people to buy.
    what should i write that will encourage people to click on the links? amazon doesnt allow copying reviews. how do you get your visitors to click through? can you give me examples?

I suggest that in your content, you place a CTA (call to action, in this case: click) at the beginning and end. Maybe in the middle too for longer pieces.

You have to be shameless with asking for the click. If you don't ask, they probably won't click. Don't leave it up to your visitors to decide. Give them a suggestion or nudge.

If you want ideas for how to weave CTAs into content, check out Blog Posts - Timothy Sykes. Read a dozen or so of his blog posts and how they are ALWAYS making the sale. You don't need to be that aggressive, but it does give you an idea of how far you can push.

Most importantly, know your audience. Make a pitch to click that speaks to their needs or interests. Ask yourself, if I was my target reader, would I care about this? Would I click this?

hth

What were you doing to get 22%? It sounds like you're already testing, now you need to follow up with what works and dissect why it's working so well.

How did you get the 22% CTR? If you got the 22% and changed it then the CTR rate decreased, go back to your old method since it is better.

Outsourced Program Manager Rick - Bitcom's Avatar
    Yes analyzing your "calls to action" and determining what works best is the key. A 22% CTR is pretty good. Do more of that.

Also remember you are moving people through a Sales Cycle. They have questions they need answered along that Cycle. It's your job, as an expert in the niche, to help answer those questions. If you do, they will be 'warmed up and ready to buy' at the end of the process. Then just ask for the click.

Affiliate Manager FranklySpeaking's Avatar
    Hello!

You can use call to actions:
    - buy now
    - try now
    - read more
    - etc.

based on what's on the next page.

Having a newsletter is also very important. Depending on how it affects your users' experience, you can work with retargeting scripts/alerts.

Best,
    Frank Ravanelli, OPM
    [URL="http://www.linkedin.com/today/posts/frankravanelli"]Affiliate Marketing News[/URL] - [URL="https://www.linkedin.com/in/frankravanelli"]Frank Ravanelli on LinkedIn[/URL]

7. Thanks From:

A Call-To-Action only works when your prospect is ready. Your job is to get them ready.

In fact, that's the whole basis of Affiliate Marketing. You use your credibility to create credibility for the merchants. Merchants want affiliates who will do that and will reward them if they do.

9. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Definitely make sure that that if you're writing anything that could be considered a review or endorsement, that you disclose the affiliate relationship in the post.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

Affiliate Manager
    Maybe you aren't actually getting them to click. Try what Amanda Palmer recommends in The Art of Asking. Great Ted Talk if you haven't seen it.

The answer is related to the content on your webpage. When you create a new article, remember that there were links that encourage purchases / clicks.

You must let them know "what's in it for them" when they do click... how it will solve their problem, the benefits of the solution. Remember people buy benefits!! They will only click when they are convinced it will be in their interest to do it.

So I buy books all the time from blog posts. There are a couple of prerequisites for me to make an "instant" purchase. The first is that I have to trust the blog author and value their opinion. Blog authors usually gain my trust by being recognized as an "authority" in their field. The second pre-requisite is that I must somehow feel that purchasing the book will improve my life. (or my business)

I don't need a hard sell or a call to action, I just need to trust you and agree that the benefits I will derive from reading the book far out way any cost that will be incurred.

Are you getting the right target audience? So for instance, a college student will be a hard sale, next to impossible, but a psychiatrist with a thriving practice might mean an instant purchase assuming you satisfy requirements 1 & 2?

15. Thanks From:

Yes - Rick is right, you must include the benefit in the call to action. For example,

Click here to learn the secret of.......

Of course, this works much better if you have already pre-sold them on the benefit in your blog article.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread