KMart AM Clueless
    This was a good one, had to share, note my bolded text

Good Afternoon Partners,
    Just in time for the Easter holiday- Kmart will be running an IN-STORE Only offer for toys to fill those Easter baskets. Sale starts tomorrow, so Save a Bunny and Buy a Toy! Below are the offer details for your promotional needs.

Offer: Save $3 off any TOY purchase of $10 or more. In-Store Only. 4/9-4/20
    Valid: 4/9 to 4/20
    LINKID: 11760400

To help with promoting we have also included a list of the Kmart store locations, but if you have any additional questions regarding this offer please let us know.
    So I took a look at LINK 11760400. It lands on a page with a printable coupon! So, hey, here is a great deal that can only be claimed with a paper coupon and is in-store only. Wow, just wow, the nerve to even send this e-mail. Amazing...

2. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Ask them to put your photo on the coupon in exchange of helping them promote their in-store coupon, isellstuff.

Seriously, I think some merchants/AMs mix their affiliates and customers email list together. I have received emails from merchants that are clearly the sales newsletters and have nothing to do with affiliate marketing.

4. Thanks From:

Probably clueless AM isn't the right thing to say. More like evil AM. They probably knew exactly what they were doing on this one. The "illusion" is that you might be able to do an online purchase with in store pickup, but the landing page is a "print it" only coupon. The offer is clearly organized to drive brick and mortar traffic without compensating affiliates who publish it. I suspect some coupon affiliates will get this in their coupon feed and just post it to their website.

6. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt...evidently another freeloader.

I saw another one like that today for Office Depot. An in-store event. The link went to the store finder page. Maybe its the same AM? Do a search in your feed for "in store" (no hyphen) April 7 and you should see it.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    OK, have you emailed the AM and ask how you would make money if you promoted this promotion?
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

10. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by oranges View Post
    OK, have you emailed the AM and ask how you would make money if you promoted this promotion?
    No. I've seen this kindof thing too often with brick and mortars. Its possible that the link does an auto-coupon discount for instore toy purchases, but the way the link offer is structured makes it a scam regardless.

Toys R Us used to do something similar when they were on LinkShare. The AM at the time said that it was a "feature" because some webmasters liked to post the deals regardless of whether there was compensation. In the Toys R Us example, they claimed 0 percent commission game console promotions were still interesting because commissionable video games might be purchased.

Honestly, for a split second I considered posting the offer to my social media accounts just as a service to my followers. Then I decided I was just playing into the AM's game plan and decided to post here instead.

Here is what the landing page looks like.
    Attached Images Attached Images

clueless !

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread