I found a lot of information on scripts that will detect if there is scumware on your computer and will ban you from visiting the site and redirecting to a page that warns youa bout the scumware.

But, do you know if there is a way to not ban user from site, but avoid the scumware from replacing your associate IDs by theirs?

Have you guys also head about people replacing your ID manually?

Anyway, I guess that scumware is the biggest of the problems.

Thanks for your feedback.

Yan

ABW Ambassador
    Many affiliates here use detection sctipts to inform their visitors they are infected and many don't as well.

Few if any are so bold as to not allow the visitor on there site. A large percentage of people never even know the parasite is installed on there computer and all merchants are not associated with a parasites (some do have ethics - although it is a minority).

Anyway, if you block the user you completly shut off "any chance" for a sale and you likely just further alienate the infected user.

There are many threads in the parasiteware forum that you should look into further - if you have questions after that you can also use the search function or ask people for help.

===============================
    PeePee merchants with PooPoo policies allow our earnings to be flushed down the crapper.

Why give parasites unlimited cookie durations and credit for sales where they divert our users and overwrite our cookies. PP merchants directly support what many consider unfair trade practices and thievery!

Hi Yan, welcome to ABW

First of all there is no need to cross post (i.e. post the same message in two different forums) Your post will get read wherever you post it.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>But, do you know if there is a way to not ban user from site, but avoid the scumware from replacing your associate IDs by theirs?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>If there was such a thing, I'm sure there would be NO complaints about scumbag parasites on the board. I suggest you spend some time reading the posts on the board, you will find lost of answers to many questions that you might have!<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Have you guys also head about people replacing your ID manually?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Note sure what this means? Why would anyone bother to replace your ID manually?

Anyhoo... with that being said, welcome, visit often, and read lots!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TjĀ©:
    Note sure what this means? Why would anyone bother to replace your ID manually?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just to pop in on that one!

EASY

Steal a site see thats its affiliate related and change all the codes to yours.

Completed site for you!

Now personally I would never even want a site so non protected, but some newbie might

As for a way to protect yourself, READ READ and READ. I will never give up my secrets but its on this board if people would simply read!

Thanks everybody.
    WHat is the best forum here to discuss about parasites?
    Are there any threads that are MUST-READ that you could tell me?
    Thanks again...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by happypoon:

Anyway, if you block the user you completly shut off "any chance" for a sale and you likely just further alienate the infected user.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why would anyone care? If the user is infected, you arent going to get your commission anyways. Might as well get them straightened out while you have the chance...

two years and counting.... nothing much has changed... commissions stolen daily... billions of impressions served...

ABW Ambassador
    sounds logical, but only if *all* of your merchants are in bed w/ parasites...which is not logical. You'd be losing sales on the merchants who aren't involved w/ them, or are immune.

CarSites.us - Free promotion for your automotive-related sites!

Die Parasites Die!!

I have an idea. You know how BHO's have only "opt-in" customers?

Well, by using the same methodology we could theoretically have people "opt-in" to download a parasite-removing program. And of course, since they must agree to the terms and conditions in order to install it-- then they would have to obey the clause that says they can never install parasiteware again!

It's brilliant, brilliant, brilliant!

Bryan Simonson
    bryan@smoothcorp.com
    SmoothCorp Affiliates
    iFLOOR.com/3%/sale/avg.sale=$800
    RugArea.com/12-14%/avg.sale=$400
    CornerHardware.com/6%/avg.sale=$80

Moved to Blocking tips forum

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Why would anyone care? If the user is infected, you arent going to get your commission anyways. Might as well get them straightened out while you have the chance...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bigtop are you really so naive? You say "you arent going to get your commission anyways", I say while parasites are bad and do go through glitches where it appears they have an on and off switch that they can switch at will - if you think they actively divert on every single merchant and overwrite every single commission you are sorely mistaken.

PeePee merchants with PooPoo policies allow our earnings to be flushed down the crapper.

Why give parasites unlimited cookie durations and credit for sales where they divert our users and overwrite our cookies. PP merchants directly support what many consider unfair trade practices and thievery!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bryan - SmoothCorp:
    I have an idea. You know how BHO's have only "opt-in" customers?

Well, by using the same methodology we could theoretically have people "opt-in" to download a parasite-removing program. And of course, since they must agree to the terms and conditions in order to install it-- then they would have to obey the clause that says they can never install parasiteware again!

It's brilliant, brilliant, brilliant!

Bryan Simonson
    bryan@smoothcorp.com
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

been there, done that... got scalped and ridiculed by the masses! when i mentioned this program, i was told it was illegal, immoral, etc... *laughs* well???

two years and counting.... nothing much has changed... commissions stolen daily... billions of impressions served...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by happypoon:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Why would anyone care? If the user is infected, you arent going to get your commission anyways. Might as well get them straightened out while you have the chance...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bigtop are you really so naive? You say "you arent going to get your commission anyways", I say while parasites are bad and do go through glitches where it appears they have an on and off switch that they can switch at will - if you think they actively divert on every single merchant and overwrite every single commission you are sorely mistaken.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ooops! guess youre right! how am i supposed to know? i dont USE parasitic merchants. my bad!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>we could theoretically have people "opt-in" to download a parasite-removing program ~Bryan <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> been there, done that... got scalped and ridiculed by the masses! when i mentioned this program, i was told it was illegal, immoral, etc...~BigTop <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't recall that "opt-in" part being a part of yours, BigTop, at least not at first...

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

well, not sure what part you missed about the EULA and also, how many people develop a program start to finish in a day, let alone discuss its every detail on a forum board?

not to mention, in case you forgot, that thread was DELETED (and so were members) before it even really got going!

but im sure someone else will *gasp* miraculously come up with the idea and itll be widely embraced *giggles at the thought*

i havent talked about the project any more for several reasons:

1. WHY should i?

2. WHY let someone else take credit for my ideas (AGAIN!)

3. WHY work so hard when people refuse to drop the parasites!

4. People dont seem to realize that there is only one real way to deal with technology... and that's counter-technology!

ps in case you forget, when i mentioned the EULA, i was told that makes ME as bad as the parasites! as if!

===============================<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    if you redirect them to a help page you help them and save your bandwidth. Not to mention shutting off a revenue stream for the scumbags. Isn't the point that to shut them down they need to be convicted or just put out of business? By allowing them at your links (assuming you have some affiliations that are questionably antiscumware)you are feeding them.

ABW Ambassador
    Xrayeyes - I wont quote you - no need to but this is in response to your post.

You can utilize merchants 100% parasite free and still get users and revenues diverted from your site by the likes of WhenU, gator and who knows how many others.

No-one is immune from diversions from parasites no matter what you do!

You feed them too!

it's true that no one is immune, but the blocking script will keep out those infected with most parasites excluding top moxie. I see no ill effects from blocking infected users and I know they are at least notified of their problem. If they choose to be silly, that's of course their choice. My stats also show me how many are infected and it's scarey. I'll feed them less than someone who puts their links on the table for the masses I get emails from happy people who did not know they were infected! Some on work computers with sensetive data I also get the occasional complaint. I suspect one was an infected competing site who was bent out of shape about SE placement and thinks it's a front, though I sell nothing on my redirect page. Just links to remove the scum for free.

I"ll respectfully disagree. I'm not out to make enemies here, and I'm really not a newbie. Tried and true since 1997

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread