View Poll Results: Dr. Jays Reversals

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • 100%

4 66.67%
  • Not 100%

2 33.33%
    ABW Ambassador
    What is your reversal rate for Dr. Jays?

I've just started with dr.jays last month, sold about $743 worth of gear - and with 3 minutes to go on the 10th, no reversals or extensions.

Just to follow up the last post, all 8 trxns were locked for february - maybe since it's my first month with them they are trying to lure me in.

ABW Ambassador
    I only have reversals of about $500 that's very little and all other sales are locked. Quiet a low reversal rate that month.
    carneol

They must have missed me last month and are getting even now. Since my last post, DrJays has reversed 8 trxns for this month!

ABW Ambassador
    I accidently signed up for Dr. Jays...having forgot to look at the reversal rate trend map.

I had to decline. All my other clothing and shoe merchants don't have near that percentage rate rate for reversals.

It's truly pathetic for any merchant to have that rate of chargeback.

is there a similar merchant to drjays that anyones had better success with?

ABW Ambassador
    ToughT I have searched far and wide for a merchant who carries most of the same brands, but with no luck so far.

The brands they carry tend to attract a certain "element of society", so a high cc fraud ratio is to be expected. But 100% is hardly believable.

-----------------------------

Hell wasn't big enough so I had to come back.

Must be the same 'element of society' who favor gucci and prada shoes!

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

And after all the reversals, whatever's left has now been EXTENDED.

Another booboo by CJ? I sure hope so.

VAN.

Here is a 10/24/02 response from Dr. Jays:

Hi,

thanks for being an affiliate and I''m sorry that you are disappointed in this reversed transaction, but I''ll try to explain things from our point of view and from our experience here at DrJays.com.

The items that we sell, branded urban clothing, has a high street value and as a result, attracts a lot of fraud attempts. Typically, when we see orders for high $ amount (in excess of say $300), requesting overnight shipping, and having differing bill-to and ship-to address, we manually credit check the order. If any information provided by the customer does not match the information on file with the credit card company, we do not fulfill the order as it will very likely result in a chargeback from the credit card company. When we receive a chargeback, it is 100% our liability - we are out of product, out of shipping costs, and out of any sales commission, such as the type generated as part of this affiliate network.

In October, we had about 1,500 transactions through the CJ network. Of the 100 most expensive transaction, ranging from $425 in order value to $2,420 in order value, 81 were fraud attempts, 18 were approved and 1 was extended as we await the customer''s check, which is supposedly in the mail.

Specifically your transaction, was billed to a K McNe**** (identity concealed due to customer privacy) of New York and requested shipping to a R Mar****, an address in the Bronx (an location where we''ve had many fraud attempts). Here are the exact customer service notes:

"Bank will not verify, emailed that we need another form of payment 10/18/02.SDF"

The customer did not respond within a three week period. The order was canceled.

Just for your information, I looked at orders in the $20 - $43.50 range, of which there were 200 orders. 181 of them were approved and fulfilled. 19 were rejected. In other words, reasonable sized orders get fulfilled at a 90% rate. Large orders are less than 20%. It make sense that fraudsters would try for a big score, but a legitimate person, paying with their own money, would be more moderate.

Understand that had we fulfilled those 81 fraud attempts (of the top 100 orders on CJ), DrJays.com would be out of $70,000. How long do you think a company can stay in business by allowing such things to happen?

Believe me, I would much rather fulfill the order and thereby have a happy customer and reward affiliates accordingly. But I can only do that if the order is legitimate. If you have further questions, you may call me at 212-334-3652. If you''d like to stay in our program, we''d be happy to have you. If you would rather not, we understand and we wish you success on your site.

Best regards, Jean

--- Original Message Separator ---
    How do you folk make enough money to stay in business? You reverse every sale. Sorry, but I just
    do not find this track record credible.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread