Payments - About to go crazy
    I currently am living in China, my bank accounts are from Australia, I'm being paid by a program on the US network.

I applied for "Direct Deposit" to my Australian bank account and just found out I was sent a check to my brothers address.

Unfortunately standard international mail to China is horrible, I received 1 of 4 letters from HSBC after waiting for 5 months, it's now 7 months and the other 3 are still missing.

I called support a few times and got a different answer each time.

1) I was told by one that I could only receive direct deposits to Australia after cashing the first check.

2) I was told by another it's not possible to receive direct deposits to Australia.

3) The website says it is possible to receive payments by direct deposit and that it is my current payment method.

The address that the check was sent to, my brother has just left and can no longer get mail from.

Support also told me I would have to wait 180 days for a reissue of the check.

I am so confused and dumbfounded at.... everything.

Has anyone here has any such experiences or know what is and is not possible? I've given up on trying to get any information from phone support.

---

Additionally, does anyone know why on my payment details my Payment Amount is/could be substantially less than my Transaction Commissions? Phone support couldn't give me a coherent response to that question.

---

I really appreciate any help, I'm at the end of my tether.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Had a Canadian affiliate who chose to create a US bank account and have her money sent there. She had a debit Mastercard with the account and just used that in Canada for purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Had a Canadian affiliate who chose to create a US bank account and have her money sent there. She had a debit Mastercard with the account and just used that in Canada for purchases.
    Any idea where/how she got such an account? I've looked at getting a USA account before, however, short of going there I've not found any way. China is also a long long way from the USA.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    She traveled to the US and created it.

So, I guess no one has experience with LS Direct Deposit to Australia?

I've never had such trouble/bad service with an affiliate program before.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Gravy,

I apologize for the experience and am stating what should be expected from our payment system. If your account is based in China, you would not be able to set up direct deposit with an Australian bank account. Our system will not accept it. If your account is based in Australia, then it will accept a Australian bank account.

Assuming your account is based in Australia, you will receive a check first which you will have to deposit before you can set up direct deposit. Once direct deposit is set up, and you've cashed your first check, you will receive future payments via direct deposit.

Please review our payment options table in the link below.

LinkShare Publisher Help Center :: What are my options for getting paid? (Payment Options table)

Also, if you can PM me the reference numbers for the communications you've had with the support team. I can investigate further on the information they provided you.

--Ranae

7. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by LinkShare Moderator View Post
    Gravy,

I apologize for the experience and am stating what should be expected from our payment system. If your account is based in China, you would not be able to set up direct deposit with an Australian bank account. Our system will not accept it. If your account is based in Australia, then it will accept a Australian bank account.

Assuming your account is based in Australia, you will receive a check first which you will have to deposit before you can set up direct deposit. Once direct deposit is set up, and you've cashed your first check, you will receive future payments via direct deposit.

Please review our payment options table in the link below.

LinkShare Publisher Help Center :: What are my options for getting paid? (Payment Options table)

Also, if you can PM me the reference numbers for the communications you've had with the support team. I can investigate further on the information they provided you.

--Ranae
    Hi Ranae,

Thanks for your response, I had to take a trip to Hong Kong for a few days, hence the delay in a response.

You mention that a check has to be received first, however your site states differently.

LinkShare Publisher Help Center :: When can I sign up for direct deposit?

When can I sign up for direct deposit?, Paragraph 1, Sentence 2:
    The UK and Australia only offer direct deposit, so you can sign up right away for those countries.
    Although the table below mentions that checks are available, it does not say that one must be sent first.

My Payment settings listing: "Preferred Payment Method - International Direct Deposit" also feels misleading.

What is the reason you support do not support PayPal? Checks are very old world tech. I've not seen one in more than 10 years. The world is too globalized now. I travel way too much to play with old style mail, especially when many companies will not allow non-western characters. It's an old world solution to a new world problem.

Also does your check mail system support Chinese addresses? As in using Chinese characters? If not any checks mailed to where I currently live in China would be lost...
    Well, of the last 12 letters sent to me from HSBC only 1 arrived, and that was 5 months after it was sent. Personally delivered by a post person stating that they had all types of trouble trying to figure out what the English version of the address was meant to mean.

For now I can only have my brother/sister in Australia handle a check and try to deposit it, I guess. However due to my brother moving houses at about the time the check was sent and not knowing I would be sent a check, that letter is irretrievable. Is it true what I was told by phone support that I will have to wait 6 months and then I will get a replacement payment [as I was informed by one of the phone support persons]?

Unfortunately, my contact was with phone support personnels and I don't recall there being any reference numbers.

I'd also like an explanation as to why the "Payment Amount" is substantially less than the "Transaction Commissions" in the Payment History. Support personnels weren't able to give me any coherent answer to this question.

I'll send you the payment record numbers in a private message.

I marked the start of each question in bold so once you've finished reading you can quickly review the question without fishing in an overly long post.

I appreciate your time.

EDIT:: It seems I'm not special enough to have PM privileges here, so I sent an email to "publisher@support.linkshare.com" addressed "ATTN: Ranae". If this is an issue please give me a more direct contact method.
    Your Case ID is 140425-000147
    Last edited by Gravy; April 25th, 2014 at 08:59 PM.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi Gravy,

What the help center article states is accurate. The UK & Australia networks/advertiser regions are set up to make payments via direct deposit. So assuming you have set up direct deposit properly, you will get Direct Deposit from advertisers in that region, if the advertiser is from the US region/network, then you will receive a check first which you have to deposit even though your preferred payment method is Direct Deposit.

Supporting payments via Paypal is something that we are considering though there are legal implications that need to be considered. We do hope to offer as many payment options as possible to our publishers.

We don't mail our own checks, it is actually handled by the bank which gets sent by first class postage. Then the mail would be handed over to the local postal system of the receiving country. We can only send payments to the address that publishers put in our Publisher Dashboard. Unfortunately, I don't think we support Chinese characters. If you did not receive a payment then you will have to wait 30 days (not 6 months) for us to reissue a payment. There are costs to cancelling and sending checks (which we do NOT charge the publisher for) and often times, checks do take up to 30 days to be delivered especially when it is being sent internationally.

I really don't know what you keep referring to as HSBC letters though I don't think Rakuten LinkShare would be able to help you out with that.

The reason why you are getting paid differently from what you've earned is because the payment amount consists of the amount the advertisers pay us in which we consolidate the payment from the various advertisers and send a single payment to you.

One thing I do want to mention is that every time you update your address, it will likely revert US network/region payments to be by check so that the system can verify your new address. Also, you can only input direct deposit information of the country that you have your account set up in. As a best practice, don't change your address multiple times and make sure that the bank account information is based on the address that is in our system.

I also was able to identify your account based on the email you sent to the support team. Make sure that the address on the account is updated. As mentioned above, since you received payment from the US network/region, you will need to deposit that check before you will begin receiving payments via direct deposit.

As the agent stated in the email, verify your address, and let him know that the address is updated with the accurate address. They will then be able to request the check to be reissued.

Hope this helps.

--Ranae

10. Thanks From:

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread