Beginner in affiliate
    Hello everyone. I just have a couple of questions concerning affiliate marketing. I am a beginner in this field and i just want to know can i become an affiliate if my blog is totally new, i mean it still has no high page rank. I wonder if page rank is important and can be obstacle for me to start. Or must i wait for my website to at least get a bit old? Thanks for attention.

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    You can become an affiliate at any time. Will some of the merchants decline you b/c your site is new, sure. But they can decline you for any reason at all. I get declined from some merchants too and my sites are many years old. Don't take it personally and just work with the merchants that do accept you...some will. It's a learning process, hopefully this blog will be successful, but if it isn't you can always start another one and you will know more then.
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

3. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    If your blog is niche I will approve you without traffic while you work to build that. If defined and you feel you are a good fit then contact the AM and say so.
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; April 13th, 2014 at 10:11 PM. Reason: typo

5. Thanks From:

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    I don't hold being a new blog against an affiliate. If your blog is attractive, well-designed, has fresh content with no typo's, no broken links, contact us page and terms & conditions page, I'll approve you.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

7. Thanks From:

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JCrooks - AffiliateWindow View Post
    I don't hold being a new blog against an affiliate. If your blog is attractive, well-designed, has fresh content with no typo's, no broken links, contact us page and terms & conditions page, I'll approve you.
    Did you really mean T&C or Privacy Policy?
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Good point, Convergence. Actually I'll look for one or the other, but prefer both.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Thanks for nice words and advice i will take into account all the info you provided. I also hope i can succeed in affiliating.

Quote Originally Posted by oranges View Post
    You can become an affiliate at any time. Will some of the merchants decline you b/c your site is new, sure. But they can decline you for any reason at all. I get declined from some merchants too and my sites are many years old. Don't take it personally and just work with the merchants that do accept you...some will. It's a learning process, hopefully this blog will be successful, but if it isn't you can always start another one and you will know more then.
    Thanks for nice words and advice i will take into account all the info you provided. I also hope i can succeed in affiliating.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    If your blog is niche I will approve you without traffic while you work to build that. If defined and you feel you are a good fit then contact the AM and say so.
    Ok.Thanks a lot for support!

Quote Originally Posted by JCrooks - AffiliateWindow View Post
    Thank you i will as soon as it will be ready!

Outsourced Program Manager TrishaLyn's Avatar
    My main advice to you Annie would be not to take no for an answer if there's a merchant you really want to promote.

Of course, I don't mean to harass them if they decline you BUT if there's a merchant that you really want to promote, perfect fit for your vision of your blog, readers, etc. and you get declined - reach out to them and ask why. There's a lot of misunderstandings sometimes when affiliate managers are reviewing hundreds of sites every day, so reaching out, introducing yourself, and asking them to reconsider or explain their reasons for declining you will open more doors down the road for sure
    Trisha Lyn Fawver

@TrishaLyn | My Managed Merchants

15. Thanks From:

I suggest you choose a program to profile your users. Only good combination will provide high wages.

17. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread