CJ warnings
    We have worked for years with CJ and many advertiser programs through CJ.

From time to time there are network compliance warnings issued to us for various reasons, even though we always take care to read program terms and ensure to our best ability whatever we do is in compliance while trying to improve performance. These issues can be as simple as things like logos not updated, content out of date, etc.

Some may be subjective issues like 'misleading content'. I say subjective because, when we promote offers, to a certain degree advertising incorporates some elements of exaggeration, and what is misleading or not clear to one person may not be the same for another person.

The problem is -- every program has differing terms and I suppose different CJ AMs and different advertisers have different interpretations of what is allowed and not allowed... and it gets very frustrating when out of the blue we are performing really well and AMs/advertisers start questioning why we are performing well, or start looking between the cracks for minor issues to warn us about.

The questions I am pondering on are:

1) Are these warnings from network compliance damaging in the sense that if we hit x number of warnings from different programs within certain period of time our entire account will get terminated? This in my opinion is not very fair because:

a) sometimes the warnings are due to issues that can be explained or misunderstandings,
    b) every time we receive something like that we simply fix the issues and make the AM/advertiser happy and we move on and don't do the same thing on the same program again. We are not 'recalcitrant offenders' on the same programs.

2) Why are the AMs not reaching out directly to the publishers to communicate and get issues fixed? We are driving reasonably good sales to them and not 1 or 2 sales a week type of affiliates who the AMs cannot be bothered to engage with... and they rather leave to network compliance to send us a warning than just shoot a casual email to discuss and guide us on what the advertiser expectations are?

Anyone has similar experiences? Let's share and discuss good ways to handle these situations

Actually to be fair it's not just CJ, I guess such issues can happen with any network. Any insights, suggestions, sharing of experiences would be great!

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    2) Why are the AMs not reaching out directly to the publishers to communicate and get issues fixed? We are driving reasonably good sales to them and not 1 or 2 sales a week type of affiliates who the AMs cannot be bothered to engage with... and they rather leave to network compliance to send us a warning than just shoot a casual email to discuss and guide us on what the advertiser expectations are?
    I am having problems reaching affiliates on PPC for coupons and some who have ventured into trademark. Works both ways, when they don't respond after two attempts I report them to Network Compliance and guess what, they respond immediately.

In my case nobody bothered to reach out first. We see the value of working hand in hand with CJ managers to ensure what we do is compliant and making money for all parties, but apparently CJ doesn't value our work ethic.

Or in one case in the past, AM reached out to discuss some issues which we promptly responded to. Got no further email from the AM, so we assumed issue was closed. One week later, we got email from Network Compliance asking about the same thing...

I'm at a loss of what to do now... unless there is a proper communication channel, I have to continue to live in fear that one fine day when we think that everything is fine and compliant, suddenly out of nowhere we get our account along with the commissions suspended for 'flouting' some terms which may be something subjective and can be explained... but because we have no contacts in CJ we can't reach out to anyone to explain our side of the story.

I wish there's a better way.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ratsalad View Post
    I wish there's a better way.
    There is. Read and obey EACH merchant's AND network's TOS. Quit "exaggerating"...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

6. Thanks From:

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread