I don't know if there are many of you left that are still using 123inkjets but I just noticed something that I didn't notice before.

Their running their March Madness sale this month. When I click on a product it takes me to the page where the product is. Along with the product in the top left side of the fold is;
    quote:
    Free Shipping on all orders.
    March Madness Sale!

Free bag of M&M's with
    purchases over $25!

90 Day Risk-Free Guarantee

1 Year Product Warranty

Call Us: 888-465-7765

Now although I'm not crazy about toll free numbers I can live with a service number or even a help number. For some reason the way I see this setup is that they should call to get the free shipping and free gifts. Am I reading this wrong? Is this the reason for slow sales during their biggest sale of the year?

Coincidence Me baby!

Affiliate Programs That Just Might Work

quote:
    Originally posted by DaPackster:
    I don't know if there are many of you left that are still using 123inkjets but I just noticed something that I didn't notice before.

Their running their March Madness sale this month. When I click on a product it takes me to the page where the product is. Along with the product in the top left side of the fold is;
    quote:
    Free Shipping on all orders.
    March Madness Sale!

Free bag of M&M's with
    purchases over $25!

90 Day Risk-Free Guarantee

1 Year Product Warranty

Call Us: 888-465-7765

Now although I'm not crazy about toll free numbers I can live with a service number or even a help number. For some reason the way I see this setup is that they should call to get the free shipping and free gifts. Am I reading this wrong? Is this the reason for slow sales during their biggest sale of the year?

_Coincidence Me baby! _

http://home.twcny.rr.com/esm/webmast...></BLOCKQUOTE>

It could. However, it will for sure divert a bunch of customers and put you out of the loop.

Carsten

Shop-Links.net Partner
    Shop-Links.net

If you can't move things, try harder!

ABW Ambassador
    I've given up on 123Inkjets.com. I was holding out promise when Mike Zaya came on the boards, but his abrupt departure sure raises a lot of questions.

He raved about how big their "March Madness" sales are--that it should be a record month, etc. So far, I've had one sale--my own. Quite disappointing. They're gone as soon as I replace them with a new ink merchant. Possibly Carrot Ink.

Michael

Carsten,

My point exactly. This number set-up isn't there for the purpose of customer service. It's there for what you said it is, to devert sales to the phone. The way they have it they are telling the visitor to call to get the free offers. Almost like that is the only way to get them.

Emdub, Thats why our sales there have sucked IMO. I just threw up a Carrots link awhile ago on one of my pages. I'll see how they do.

Coincidence Me baby!

Affiliate Programs That Just Might Work

That's about what I'd expect from a company that:

1. Has a forum at ABW to interact with its publishers;

2. Drops parasites once it's pointed out that there's an affiliation;

3. Begs everyone at ABW to really push 123Inkjets hard because of the huge drop in income dropping the parasites will cause;

4. Without notice, sneaks the parasites back in;

5. Makes their forum "read only" so they don't have to respond to the negative comments their actions will create.

I'm surprised ANYONE would still be promoting them. Drop them and promote their competition. That's the best way to show them how we feel about being taken advantage of.

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread