Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
    OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Looking for a replacement as Admin of ABW
    Effective may 1st I am stepping down as Admin of ABestWeb to better focus on my growing business. Have given this almost three years and time for some new blood.

Looking for a spokesperson for the forum. Would love to see an affiliate take over the reins and keep this affiliate centric. If you or someone you know is interested feel free to contact me at chuck@hamrick.biz. I can talk to you about the position and put you in touch with the right person at iNet.
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; April 23rd, 2014 at 04:47 PM.

2. Thanks From:

Can we vote for it?
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

I held off on the voting thinking we would get through this first.

Then I will just pressure the person to apply for the job instead of nominating them.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.

ABW Ambassador
    I'm sorry to see you step down as an Admin, Chuck. Although I fully understand that this is your personal decision and I will support it regardless. Thanks for your devotion to ABW community as an Admin over the years.

As to the new Admin candidate, I would love to see someone who are interested come here to express their good faith first - maybe show us his/her passion on ABW, what he/she will do to help ABW moving forward... Then the community get to vote for the new Admin.
    Last edited by mayfly; April 16th, 2014 at 02:24 PM. Reason: more accurate.

Thank you mayfly. I am not leaving ABW and will remain on as a moderator if the new Admin is OK with that. Actually I intend to invest some of the time I spent as Admin into more threads. ABW is an addiction!

If this is in the Inner Circle, why is it featured?
    Greg Hoffman

9. Thanks From:

Thanks for your service Chuck!

I think Chuck has been a great Admin

(I think the previous Admins were great too -- each in his own way)
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

12. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by akagorilla View Post
    If this is in the Inner Circle, why is it featured?
    True: it bothers me when Inner Circle discussions are featured.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I featured it so IC members could see it. Doesn't show if you don't have access. Trying to help those using mobile app!
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; April 16th, 2014 at 09:28 PM.

15. Thanks From:

I also think Chuck has been a great Admin. What I have really appreciated is the effort he makes when one calls on him for help. I also have enjoyed his light touch in terms of moderating posts, and of course his insights into this crazy business. I agree with what Rhia said, in that each Admin has been great, each with their own style and contributions.

Chuck, I'm glad to see you post that you will not be leaving ABW when you step down. I also hope that you enjoy the extra time that you'll have once you give up the reins. It is well deserved.

Thanks for all your hard work.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Its not an easy job for any of the three Admins we've had. Much appreciation to you Chuck for your commitment to the community and zealous passion for keeping ABW moving forward. It will be interesting to see what lies ahead for ABW and I look forward to seeing your continued success with your own business!
    Thanks so much to Chuck, Michael and Haiko giving so much of their time and leadership here.
    J. Duffield Affiliate Manager at Snow Consulting
    Let's Connect-PassTheSEO|#GSEG|Twitter|LinkedIn|Blog "Knowledge is Power."

Am sorry to read this. I know there has been some controversy with the job but really do think you've done a good job too Chuck. Since the beginning you've been very open with the members and encouraged any questions, comments and discussion about what went on/was or is going on amongst the members.

Realize as I said there's been a lotta stuff that's gone on and a lotta strong opinions from various members since Haiko left but all I know is I definitely think your heart's been in the right place, you've devoted an awful lot of your time to here and treated members very fairly. Thank you for that, glad you'll still be around here, wish ya all the best with your business and glad you're gonna get to spend more time with your family now.

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Thank you, Chuck, for putting your heart and soul into ABW for the past three years. You have always kept the conversations balanced, always was there when I had a question, always responded so fast when I needed help. Glad you will still be participating, cause it wouldn't be the same without you!
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Anyone have a problem making this public?

make it so
    Greg Hoffman

Agreed, it's time to make it public.

Not a problem for me.

Some ideas that come to my mind:

PurpleBear
    msladybug
    Mayfly
    JoyUnltd
    Rhia7
    leeann

(Sorry if I messed up spelling on any of the above!)

Have contacted all in the past to see if they wanted to become moderators and was turned down.

Have not asked directly JoyUnltd with leeann but she they have been on this thread so it appears that they are not interested.

Almost forgot...

Snowfinch

Maybe folks prefer to be nominated first?

Also -

ReMatt
    PDXReader
    CalebtheRedwood
    Convergence

What a nice compliment, OTProf! I am an editor for one large online content site and co-editor of another one, plus I have an affiliate site, so time is not my friend. Plus, I am really stupid when it comes to the affiliate business. Whoever becomes Admin should have the experience and knowledge of the business like the three who have done it. How about you OTProf? Why not throw your hat in the ring?
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

29. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    ...probably time to announce it publicly, I'm a bit disappointed that none of the affiliates here in the IC have expressed an interest. Perhaps it's true that affiliates have given up on ABW.
    Maybe not so much "given up" but realizing that it is a LOT of work for very little compensation. Even being a moderator is a lot of work (to be effective) and that is for ZERO compensation.
    I still feel very strongly that the best leadership for ABW will come from an affiliate here in the IC. A non-affiliate will just take ABW further from its roots. I would question whether someone who doesn't even have 500 posts (the threshold to be in the IC) has the passion to lead.
    Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by OTProf
    Maybe folks prefer to be nominated first?
    Possibly.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast