Web browser problems on CJ Publisher web site
    The Laptop has M$ Windows 7 Home SP1 (64 bit) fully updated. At this time, I cannot use Mozilla Firefox or M$ Internet Explorer, on the CJ Publisher/Affiliate web site. The only web browser I can use on that web site, and see my CJ data (account balance, links, log off, etc.) is Google Chrome.

Google Chrome is causing severe instability problems on the Laptop and we need to remove it from the laptop. The laptop has 4GB of RAM and has no issues, when we are not using Google Chrome.

When I use M$ Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox on the CJ Publisher web site, after logging in, the only thing I can see is what I would describe as the "background". None of my data is visible.

Questions: What setting(s) do I need to enable in the web browsers, to be able to see everything on CJ? What technology do I need to enable in the web browsers for CJ?

Thank you in advance for your time and your help! Cordially, Lanny

The best way to remove G. C. is by using a program called CCleaner, there's a free version download located @ Download CCleaner 4.12.4657 - FileHippo.com
    The free download is right under the share top right.
    After the install, and the program is started, click on toolbax and select the program/s you want to un-instll.
    As far as fire fox setting, I use it above all other browsers I have, and don't believe I had to change any of the default setting for any network other than Linkshare, that one requires a flash player for their advance reports.
    Hope this helps.
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

3. Thanks From:

@Bob Lawrence Thank you for replying! At this time, I can't remove Google Chrome from the Laptop, because it is the only browser that CJ is working on for me. However, your reply gave me an idea! I am going to uninstall Mozilla Firefox, Download it again, and then install it again. If you are using the Default browser settings on CJ, I should be able to do that too. Thanks again! Lanny

ABW Ambassador
    What version of Firefox are you running? When you go to CJ are you seeing a little red stop sign showing (Mine shows up in the upper right corner of the browser, it may also show at the bottom somewhere)? It sounds like you have a blocker type of addon turned on in the browser that is stopping the page from loading.

6. Thanks From:

Major progress!

@msladybug Thank you. No, I didn't see any little red stop signs. However, you gave me an idea and I checked for Firefox Extensions. One was there and I disabled it, but that was not the problem. It is Firefox 28.0

To keep this very short, I will leave out what I did this morning, before discovering, accidentally, when I clicked on the Padlock for the SSL in the Firefox browser, that the issue is related to COOKIES. When I did that, it showed that it was set to BLOCK Cookies.

I can now use the CJ Publisher web site with Mozilla Firefox 28.0, without any issues.

I have uninstalled Google Chrome from the laptop, which was the goal.

In Internet Explorer 11, I have not been able to determine which settings are correct, for it to allow the CJ web site to use the Cookies it wants to use and I have put the CJ site into the Trusted area. I would also like to be able to use Internet Explorer on the CJ web site, although in past years my wife and I have not used Internet Explorer. It is version 11.0.9600.17041 with KB 2929437 installed.

Kudos to my wife for realizing that Google Chrome was causing the instability issues with the Refurbished Dell Latitude E6400 laptop we bought on Amazon from Blair Technology Group (BlairTG on Amazon). We are extremely happy with the laptop and with Blair Technology Group!

Moderators: If you can add SOLVED to the Title/Subject of this thread that will be great.

Thanks to those who provided ideas and for this wonderful forum!

Everything is OK now. I reset Internet Explorer to the original settings, restarted Windows 7, and it is working properly on CJ now. Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer are working fine on CJ now. Google Chrome was removed from the laptop. The issues were here on the laptop. The setting in the SSL Padlock in Mozilla Firefox to BLOCK Cookies was a new setting for me and I have no idea why or how it was set that way. Thanks again for your ideas and for this great forum!

ABW Ambassador
    Lanny - Thanks for the update. I'm glad you were able to get it working in both browsers and that the issue is resolved.

10. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by msladybug View Post
    Lanny - Thanks for the update. I'm glad you were able to get it working in both browsers and that the issue is resolved.
    Follow on: Everything is working OK now. Without Google Chrome, the Dell Latitude E6400 laptop, with M$ Windows 7, is working perfectly, on CJ with Firefox or Internet Explorer and everything else is working properly. :-) Thanks again!

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread